So i spend all my days researching the best high gain heads ect, ive just moved countries and had to leave all my amps behind so im looking for a small practice amp and i realised i have no clue what any good one are. must have an efffects loop and im more interested in it having a nice smooth saturated lead tone. my favourite amp back at home was my JS JVM410H
Budget? New location? Used/new?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Standard answer would be Vypyr but it doesnt have FX Loop.

What kind of music you play? Size requirements? Does it need to be small 8" speaker combo that weights nothing or you prefer heavy combo with 12" speaker work, superior sound but needs more muscle to move around?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 8, 2013,
Quote by michael.faulkne
So i spend all my days researching the best high gain heads ect, ive just moved countries and had to leave all my amps behind so im looking for a small practice amp and i realised i have no clue what any good one are. must have an efffects loop and im more interested in it having a nice smooth saturated lead tone. my favourite amp back at home was my JS JVM410H

Does it have to be a practice amp because you ccould most definitely nab a used dual rectifier. Because they generally go used 2k in NZ.
i play rock with a bit of blues, kinda just wanted a smallish practice amp for now just a 1x12 maybe but yeah, i was looking at buying a roadking 2 head/cab down the track. just would have to sell some amps back in NZ its hard to go backwards in sound, my friend lent me a MG to play around on and after about 5 minutes on it I didnt even want to play the damn thing
Check if there is Laney L5T112 Lionheart combo where you live. Here in europe its not very expensive and should be suitable for the music you play. All tube and all. Should be one helluva improvement over MG. "Only" 5w too.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Not sure about prices from where you come from, but what about a Peavey Delta Blues 115? Lovely sounding amp with an effects loop & they're pretty cheap here
The Classic 30 is also a fantastic amp. Well worth a look at both those.
I second the Classic 30. Alternatively the Blues Jr should also be worth considering.

Also, I'm looking for a review of the Two-Rock EXO 15, so if you'd like to pick that up and do a review, it'd be ever so kind of you!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ill have a hunt around and see if i can find those amps. **** i shoulda just bought the jvm head with me.