Page 1 of 4
I have a really good idea that I truly believe could make a lot of money. Problem is, I don't have the funds for it as of yet. I plan on saving the money that I will earn in the Marine Corps to fund this idea, but I want to make sure that if some other fgt thinks of it first, he/she doesn't have the right to make it because I claimed it first. Is this a possibility? How do I go about making such a copyright?
Quote by MadClownDisease
That's what a patent is, isn't it?

You need to actually have the invention in creation. It isn't just the idea for the invention. I am scared, what if some other pleb gets to it first?
Quote by daytripper75
Explain it to me in detail, and I'll let you know if you can copyright it.

Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
You should copyright the idea to copyright ideas.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by macashmack
Is this a possibility?

No, you cannot be granted a copyright or patent without a proof of concept to show the patent office. Apple, Google and Microsoft get away with this all the time, though. But I doubt you have anywhere between 27-100 billion dollars in spendable money and hundreds of lawyers at the ready to defend a flagrant violation of this country's patent system.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
No, you cannot be granted a copyright or patent without a proof of concept to show the patent office. Apple, Google and Microsoft get away with this all the time, though. But I doubt you have anywhere between 27-100 billion dollars in spendable money and hundreds of lawyers at the ready to defend a flagrant violation of this country's patent system.

Awww.
You guys want to know what the idea is?
Quote by HardAttack

I don't think you need a working prototype, but you do need to describe the invention in sufficient detail so that a skilled person could build it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Todd Hart
Intellectual property...

This. It is definitely possible to patent ideas. They're called "intangible" in that area.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by macashmack
Awww.
You guys want to know what the idea is?

Is it sticky-back children? Because if not I'm not interested.

Although thinking about it, Jimmy Saville definitely had a working prototype of sticky-back children
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I don't think you need a working prototype, but you do need to describe the invention in sufficient detail so that a skilled person could build it.

Oh shit, you mean you have to actually know how it works? Fuck it, that's too much
Quote by macashmack
Oh shit, you mean you have to actually know how it works? Fuck it, that's too much

So you have a vague idea of something and you want the rights to it, even though you haven't figured out how to make it work? Kids these days....
Quote by macashmack

Dear Mr. Patent Man,

I have an idea. It's a good one. I'm not quite sure how it works, if it's physically, virtually, or otherwise possible, or what materials are even needed for it. I'm sure that it might affect some percentage of the population--I haven't calculated that figure yet. Some people may be interested in it, while others will not.

Thank you for the patent, how should I pay for it?

Best regards
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Todd Hart
Is it sticky-back children? Because if not I'm not interested.

Although thinking about it, Jimmy Saville definitely had a working prototype of sticky-back children

No, it's not
Quote by eGraham
Dear Mr. Patent Man,

I have an idea. It's a good one. I'm not quite sure how it works, if it's physically, virtually, or otherwise possible, or what materials are even needed for it. I'm sure that it might affect some percentage of the population--I haven't calculated that figure yet. Some people may be interested in it, while others will not.

Thank you for the patent, how should I pay for it?

Best regards

Money talks though.
Quote by macashmack
Money talks though.

PS - This invention may make money
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Not if you can't explain or prove the rest of it to get a patent lol.

I'm not attempting to disprove your idea. For all I know, it could be some incredible breakthrough. But just make sure you're prepared and have all your bases covered.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by macashmack
It definitely will make money.

How do you know that if you have no idea how to make it and therefore how much it will cost?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
What's the idea? I'm curious.

Its basically a little box machine that you plug your guitar into before you plug it into your amp, that will, when you play a note, sense how many cents off it is from the correct pitch of the note and instantly pull it into the correct pitch.
Basically, every single note on your guitar will be in perfect pitch.
You can set the distance yourself, to work with your own instrument and how tempered it is individually, and it will understand when you do vibrato so that it doesn't correct the pitch when you're doing it.
Imagine how crazy bands will sound live when the guitar rings in perfect harmony not only with itself, but with the keyboard and bass and trumpet and any other instrument.
Quote by Neo Evil11
How do you know that if you have no idea how to make it and therefore how much it will cost?

I can't imagine it will cost so much.
Quote by macashmack
Its basically a little box machine that you plug your guitar into before you plug it into your amp, that will, when you play a note, sense how many cents off it is from the correct pitch of the note and instantly pull it into the correct pitch.
You can set the distance yourself, to work with your own instrument and how tempered it is individually, and it will understand when you do vibrato so that it doesn't correct the pitch when you're doing it.
Imagine how crazy bands will sound live when the guitar rings in perfect harmony not only with itself, but with the keyboard and bass and trumpet and any other instrument.

It's called autotune.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
It's called autotune.

for guitar
But is there auto tune for guitar? Ima buy that shit right now
Quote by macashmack

that sounds like something someone's done already.
How is that preferable to just tuning your guitar?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
How is that preferable to just tuning your guitar?

Well you'll still need to tune your guitar. but guitars can never really be perfectly tempered/tuned, up the neck and all that, because they just suck like that. It is, IMO, the one flaw of the instrument. This will eliminate that flaw, and the instrument will reign as king once more.

Quote by whywefight
that sounds like something someone's done already.

You think? I hope not, but part of me hopes so so that I can get it for myself now.
Quote by whywefight
what about chords

chords will be perfect as well. It will sense all the strings ringing, where, what note it's supposed to be, and just correct all the notes to the correct concert pitch.
I know that it is possible because of the game RockSmith, it implements the idea on a very early level.
Quote by macashmack
for guitar

Yes...

Autotune processors process more than just vocals. They can handle instruments as well. Melodyne can even interpret polyphonic voicings for guitar.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes...

Autotune processors process more than just vocals. They can handle instruments as well. Melodyne can even interpret polyphonic voicings for guitar.

So you're saying that it is possible to get a guitar pitched perfectly? Why doesn't everyone do it?
Quote by TheChaz
So you have a vague idea of something and you want the rights to it, even though you haven't figured out how to make it work? Kids these days....

I'm just waiting for someone to invent the cure for AIDS so I can step in and say "yeah I thought that would be a good idea a few years ago. I can't believe you copies my idea."

Quote by macashmack
for guitar

Doesn't autotune work on any sound? A computer doesn't care what's making the sound it's modifying, it just tunes it up or down as required.
A computer doesn't know the difference between a flat note coming from a guitar or someone's vocal chords.
Quote by macashmack
So you're saying that it is possible to get a guitar pitched perfectly? Why doesn't everyone do it?

Because there's no need? It's not exactly hard to play a guitar in tune...

However, there are instrumental applications. For example, in sampling instruments, some notes are irreparable through regular pitch shifting because the note changes pitch over the course of it being played, so Melodyne is used to correct it.

Btw this isn't a copyright, this is a patent, and you can draw up a blueprint for the tangible product even though you don't have the means to make it right now.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 8, 2013,
Can you make a proof of concept or anything?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by MadClownDisease
I'm just waiting for someone to invent the cure for AIDS so I can step in and say "yeah I thought that would be a good idea a few years ago. I can't believe you copies my idea."

Doesn't autotune work on any sound? A computer doesn't care what's making the sound it's modifying, it just tunes it up or down as required.
A computer doesn't know the difference between a flat note coming from a guitar or someone's vocal chords.

What I meant is, is there one specifically mad for a guitar cable that goes straight from guitar to auto tune to amp?
Page 1 of 4