Poll: Hashtags on Facebook, Yay or Nay
Poll Options
View poll results: Hashtags on Facebook, Yay or Nay
Yay
5 9%
Nay
51 91%
Voters: 56.
So me and a hipster friend of mine are having an argument, I think people should **** off with hashtags on Facebook, they don't do anything and I am tired of people putting ten different hashtags at the end of a status update. He says "well people use multiple different forms of social media they post it all at once so its easy" my rebuttle to that was that people should try and make their social media posts seem personal instead of some cookie cutter response copy and pasted to ten different hipster sites to increase the people looking at their "Photography Company" fan page. What do you think pit, ****ing annoying or I need to talk to the doc about changing my happy pills?
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I think you should just not care. Perhaps even pleasure the hipster friend orally.
Why the hell is it called a "hashtag" anyway? Don't people smoke that shit? I have no idea how to use those things, I'm so out of touch but I doubt I'm missing anything special.
Of course they should **** off with them. They literally do nothing. At least on twitter they have a reasoning behind them existing.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I use hashtags everywhere just to annoy boring ****s like you.

#yolo
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It's yea or nay.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by ne14t
What do you think pit, ****ing annoying or I need to talk to the doc about changing my happy pills?

Definitely the former.
This girl on my Facebook posted a picture of her dead nan with the hashtag, #NoFilter.
Quote by jaybsp
This girl on my Facebook posted a picture of her dead nan with the hashtag, #NoFilter.

Was her nan a tropical fish?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I hate them, although if they had some kind of meaning on facebook, i wouldn't hate them quite as much. Then again, if they were given meaning on facebook, it would make the site a lot worse.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Todd Hart
Was her nan a tropical fish?

No, it refers to a filter on Instagram that girls use to make themselves look pretty and artsy. Which is why I found it funny that she had to specify that a picture of her dead nan was not taken using a filter.
I saw a bluejay eating a worm this morning. #wow #nature #godisgreat
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I like to read sharp in musical notation as hastags. C#minor
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Last edited by LarsHamfield at Apr 8, 2013,
C double sharp?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
TS, You should take a deep breath and then come back and read your OP.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by eGraham
C double sharp?

Well I certainly messed that one right up.
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Not a mess-up, but potentially bad notation
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Xiaoxi
TS, You should take a deep breath and then come back and read your OP.

I have taken many deep breaths! Plus I typed that post quickly as I was heading out of the office for lunch.

Thirteen hashtags! I could see one, maybe two. I know in this instance there are some sponsor shout outs, but I have no idea what the relevance of the majority of them is, this is what my facebook feed is constantly filled with now, from all sorts of users, not just this example. But it is like there is a need to break down every aspect of a status update or posted picture with hashtags.

I obviously censored everything as this isn't a jab at anyone in particular, I just wanted to know what other people thought, cause my hipster buddy was like literally 100% genuine offended I said it and it was one of those situations where you say to a buddy "man, hashtags on facebook are ****ing stooopid" in a non-hostile way. Weirdest part is I don't think I have seen my buddy use hashtags on facebook.

Maybe I just didn't get drunk enough this weekend...
Quote by raoooos
#leaveit

Pretty much. Hashtags on facebook are definitely #leaveit
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Redsectoreh
Why the hell is it called a "hashtag" anyway? Don't people smoke that shit? I have no idea how to use those things, I'm so out of touch but I doubt I'm missing anything special.

came in to say pretty much the same thing.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Quote by mr.******
came in to say pretty much the same thing.

Sorry, cant answer this for either of you. I don't use twitter so I don't fully understand but I think its so people can follow whats "trending" by hashtags.
#whydoesitmatter #idgaf #swag
Quote by jaybsp
No, it refers to a filter on Instagram that girls use to make themselves look pretty and artsy. Which is why I found it funny that she had to specify that a picture of her dead nan was not taken using a filter.

#thatwouldhavebeenfunnyifiusedinstagramanddidnthavetowaitforyoutoexplainit
Last edited by cornmancer at Apr 8, 2013,