Page 1 of 2
This song has set off a firestorm on the internet but I don't really think it's that bad and I'm about as racially sensitive as you can get.

http://youtu.be/a_qbt1EVuw8

Admittedly the line "If you don't judge my gold chains I'll forget the iron chains" is pretty bad

EDIT - The last minute is so awful Nevermind I guess
Maybe this wasn't a good idea.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Wait so the song is about the guy clearing up some shit, making clear he is not a racist and people go haywire because they think it's racist? Stay classy USA.

Europe 0 USA -1
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
He really just wants to say Chain up em Negros.

Lovely collection of geetars though. He had like a turquoise paisley tele.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Apr 8, 2013,
"RIP Robert E Lee and I gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me"

Sometimes I'm really glad my family only got here in the 70s.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Apr 8, 2013,
That's is way too ****ing long and way too ****ing sappy for me to sit through.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I wanted to sit through it to get to the LL Cool J part, but I just couldn't.

Why did they have to take the whitest, blandest, most tepid form of music on this planet.
What's more ironic than the title is that he's from West Virginia, which is a state that was born out of Virginia counties that did not want to succeed from the Union.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
brad paisley is the only modern country musician worth two shits
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
delivery of the concept was a bit cringeworthy with good intentions, not racist.
Quote by TunerAddict
brad paisley is the only modern country musician worth two shits

I can agree with this, even though I'm still not a fan of the genre.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by element4433
What's more ironic than the title is that he's from West Virginia, which is a state that was born out of Virginia counties that did not want to succeed from the Union.

Yes, it's well-known that Virginians were very against any and all success to ever come to them from the Union.
Quote by element4433
Sorry he's proud of where he's almost from element. Sorry.
Quote by dweb23
delivery of the concept was a bit cringeworthy with good intentions, not racist.

Too true, all the nitpickers saying it's racist, I found it to be the opposite, but as you said, cringe.
Silverburst
Quote by Weaponized
Sorry he's proud of where he's almost from element. Sorry.
He's a yank.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Conceptually, the lyrical idea of the song works. But the lyrics probably don't present the concept very well.
This song has set off a firestorm on the internet

It makes me really happy that every time someone mentions "a firestorm" on the internet, I've never heard anything about it. It helps me realize that I don't frequent a lot of internet sites where people get butthurt over stupid things that they don't actually care that much about.

On-topic: The lyrics are pretty mediocre, L.L. Cool J's part had no flow whatsoever, and modern country music sucks. Why does anyone care?

Oh, right. Probably because white people are always complaining about things other white people say.
ughhhhh

UGHHHHHHH

It's...just...I can't take pop-country music seriously when they try to take on any concepts that are deeper than "I love murica" or about cows and tractors. It's not racist, just cringey.
fucking white people...

and LL Cool J, the hell?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by element4433
He's a yank.

Don't you see his hat? Or hear his accent? Or feel the passion for freedom in his voice? He ain't no yank
It's typical country and I enjoyed how he presented it. Then LL cool J ruined it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by archangels
It makes me really happy that every time someone mentions "a firestorm" on the internet, I've never heard anything about it. It helps me realize that I don't frequent a lot of internet sites where people get butthurt over stupid things that they don't actually care that much about.

On-topic: The lyrics are pretty mediocre, L.L. Cool J's part had no flow whatsoever, and modern country music sucks. Why does anyone care?

Oh, right. Probably because white people are always complaining about things other white people say.

Shut up you should still has that 666 in your name
Now I feel like burning a Confederate flag. It represents slavery and segregation.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by WCPhils
Why are people upset about this?

Because it assumes that discrimination for wearing a tshirt is equal to discrimination black people face for their skin color. Because it's overall message is "get over it." It assumes that racism no longer exists anymore. Or at least it's no longer a big deal

He's also a damn Yankee singing about southern pride
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Didn't watch the video but Brad Paisley is a badass guitar player. His album Play is really great. Mostly instrumental.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Nelsean
It's typical country and I enjoyed how he presented it. Then LL cool J ruined it.

I can tolerate your racism no further!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I always hear people mentioning Brad Paisley as this great musician but content aside, this song was pretty awful. Too many stretched out words.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I always hear people mentioning Brad Paisley as this great musician but content aside, this song was pretty awful. Too many stretched out words.
Iiiiiii don't knoooowwww wwhat youuuuuu mean
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Brad Paisley is my favourite artist but this is a bad song, easily his worst. I don't quite get how the lyrics are so offensive to some people (maybe an American can enlighten me?) but the song is just bad. The rap made me cringe so much.
Quote by derek8520
Brad Paisley is my favourite artist but this is a bad song, easily his worst. I don't quite get how the lyrics are so offensive to some people (maybe an American can enlighten me?) but the song is just bad. The rap made me cringe so much.

It's like if an irish person made a song about how they forgave the English for all the stuff that they did to them.
I really think he could have and should have approached the lyrics more differently. They suck and are awkward. And the inclusion of LL Cool J is cringey.

so cringey
Quote by derek8520

-The same tired old crap of making the Civil War into something that it wasn't and complaining that a symbol of treason and racism isn't taken too kindly by others.
-White people whining about how hard they have it, as in comparing their problems to actual slavery and segregation.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You say tomato, I say tomatto
You say potato, I say potatto
You say "You oppressed my people for centuries and our races still aren't equal," I say "I wanna wear this shirt with a symbol the Klan uses without being considered racist"
Let's call the whole thing off
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2