I was playing guitar today and realized it wasn't in tune. Instead of tuning it, I just realized, someone should come up with an idea to think of a prototype of a machine that you plug your guitar into that doesn't tune the guitar, but instead adjusts every note individually to the proper note.

It would make so. much. money.
I'm pretty sure Roland did it with their midi pickup system.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
IF ONLY SOMEONE COULD THINK OF THE IDEA DAMMIT

It would make harmonies actually sound good live. Because there's not one example, ever, ever ever, of a good sounding live band!
how high are you?
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
Blake, You may be an idiot, dude. The only way to do this would be to somehow make a guitar that sensed which fret was being pressed. Any other way would still be relative to the tuning of the guitar, and the machine would also have no ability to sense bends, harmonics, etc.

In short, I really hope you are joking or willing to share your drugs.
We only need someone to think of the idea; no need to actually know how to make it.
or you know, get a good bridge, a good nut, and a good set of tuners, learn how to set it up and intonate it..... cause you know, its worth it and you learn and you get off your ass?
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Isn't Auto-Tune for Guitar exactly that?

Peavey has a guitar with it pre-equipped.

Quote by Wolf 6
or you know, get a good bridge, a good nut, and a good set of tuners, learn how to set it up and intonate it..... cause you know, its worth it and you learn and you get off your ass?

Even with "good" intonation, guitars are still way out of tune when it comes down to it.

Why do you think things like the Buzz Feiten tuning system and Earvana nuts were made? They attempt to fix the fact that it's nearly impossible to have accurate intonation on every fret on every string.

I think longer scales might fix that, but most people don't really like the idea of playing a baritone-scale guitar in standard tuning because the string tension is considerably higher.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Apr 8, 2013,
Quote by Wolf 6

you're crazy.
Quote by Wolf 6

THE VERY IDEA!
Quote by macashmack
THEY STOLE MY IDEA

It's not called stealing if they have a lawyer and you don't also you're being sued for libel how'd you like perfect harmonies now bitch.

Sincerely
The Peavey Legal Team
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It's not called stealing if they have a lawyer and you don't also you're being sued for libel how'd you like perfect harmonies now bitch.

Sincerely
The Peavey Legal Team

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Sincerely
The Peavey Legal Team

Shouldn't that be Antares?

Peavey are just the first manufacturer to make a guitar with Auto-Tune for Guitar preinstalled.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Not only would it make all the money, I'm pretty sure it would allow the creator to transcend the universe and enjoy coitus with Cthulhu.

I would totally back a Kickstarter if it promised this.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.