I'm searching for my first 7 string guitar for music like Scale the Summit. something that will do cleans and relatively high gain well. I've settled primarily on the new PRS SE7. I like the way way PRSs play and feel, and it seems like the right guitar for the job. So:

Any guitars that are similar in quality/price? ($700 us is my max)
And does anyone know what gauge strings they come strung with?

I think this is the one, convince me for or against it
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
I'd rather get an Ibanez RGIR27FE and get real EMGs for $700, or even better get an RG7321 and put in a DiMarzio set.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You could get an Agile 7 string and mod the ever loving shit out of it for $700.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
When I was shopping for my most recent guitar I was looking at the SE7 but what really turned me off on it was the 25" scale length. If you can deal with that then it seems like a decent guitar otherwise. There are certainly better options for the money though.
Yeah a 25 inch scale length for a 7 doesn't sound too appealing to me. If you want to tune lower than B you'll need some pretty heavy strings so you can intonate properly.