Just picked this beauty up today. Can anybody I.D. the maker? I've never played a guitar this nice before... playablility wise this axe is a shredder's dream. It outperforms my Jackson Custom Shop Fusion from 1990! All I know about the guitar is that it's at least 15 years old, maybe even older, and that it's made of koa, mahogany, and maple with an ebony fretboard.

keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Last edited by mockinbyrd at Apr 8, 2013,
picture?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Sorry about that. Pictures added.
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
What is going on with the back of the neck a couple inches before it meets the body?
Quote by J_W
What is going on with the back of the neck a couple inches before it meets the body?

The picture doesn't show it well... the neck is set onto the body there. It's shape fits perfectly on to that of the body. Even though this is a set neck guitar it sustains like a through neck.
Quote by J_W

Yeah I just noticed that too, it's like some really strange joint. Peculiar!
Quite strange, never seen anything like it. Where'd you get it? It could be someone's one-of-a-kind custom build.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Looks like a Carvin or a Carvin rip off. Looks nice, man.

Edit: Just noticed the horn parts. -10 on the Carvin part.
Re-Edit: Just noticed the bottom of the guitar. I thought it was the lighting that was cutting off the view of the body. Nope

Da Fukk is goin' on here?
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 8, 2013,
Quote by Dimarzio45
Looks like a Carvin or a Carvin rip off. Looks nice, man.

Edit: Just noticed the horn parts. -10 on the Carvin part.
Re-Edit: Just noticed the bottom of the guitar. I thought it was the lighting that was cutting off the view of the body. Nope

Da Fukk is goin' on here?

I got it from some guy in Belchertown, MA. It was a craiglist sale... $400. It's infinitely better than any Carvin I've every seen... smokes all my guitars including Jackson custom shop and a 1971 strat.
Either way it seems you got something good. It certainly is a strange one though, and I agree with the opinion that it could be someone's custom job.
The "Crab Claws" on the horns are reminiscent of a style that Alembic did back in the 1970s, but it certainly isn't an Alembic. The odd body design is similar to some of the basses that Warrior Guitars used for their basses, but it isn't a Warrior (wrong headstock). It is probably a custom job that was influenced by a few high-end makers. It looks pretty cool. HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley