I've been trying to decide on a fuzz pedal and I'm kind of stuck. I was thinking maybe I'm not even looking into some of the better options. I play a wide range of music, but the fuzz is for some psychedelic blues type stuff I'm working on. My budget's roof is $200. The ones I've mainly been looking at is the Analogman Pepperment Fuzz and Dark Peppermint, and of course the EHX Big Muff. Recommend me a good fuzz pedal?
Blackout Effector Musket
Blackout Effector Blunderbuss
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
my go to is the blakemore effects dues ex machina. one of the best ive heard. for gritty overdrivey type tones, really lighter fuzz, the flickenger effects angry sparrow
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Do you have an example of fuzz tones you like?

Kind of hard to narrow down with your OP.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Being a little more specific on the sound you're going for might help. There are endless options out there.

That being said, it's hard to go wrong with a good Big Muff or Fuzz Face
Quote by Eppicurt
Do you have an example of fuzz tones you like?

Kind of hard to narrow down with your OP.

this.
mojostompboxes.com
well, I guess my main problem has been I can't narrow down a specific fuzz tone I like over others. My favorite that I've ran across so far would probably be the peppermint fuzz because it can go anywhere from the 70's fuzz sound to some really extreme craziness.
If you want pure crazy sounds, look for a used Zvex Vexter series Fuzz Factory, it is capable of really weird tones. I once had one, was too crazy for my taste. You can also try to find a Mellowtone Wolf Computer (but I think it's out of your budget).
The Barber Trifecta is the first fuzz that I've really gotten along with. It gives you that nasty, buzzy sound but stays well balanced up and down the neck without getting boomy in the low end. It also works pretty well with chords; there is still pretty good note definition rather than just noisy mud.
Swollen pickle
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Can you at the very least name a band you like that uses a fuzz? Because we could just keep naming good fuzz pedals all day and it won't get you any closer to a real suggestion.

But, it sounds like you already like the Peppermint Fuzz, which is a solid pedal based on a fuzz face. You'd be fine with that one I'm sure.
I like some White Stripes fuzz sounds, some Silversun Pickups, some Nico Vega, a lot of the bands using fuzz in the 70's...I'm enjoying a lot of the bands that do fuzzed out minimalist blues type stuff these days.
A muff probably would be your best bet then.

NYC big muff, Hoof fuzz, something along those lines.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Russian style muff would be good. The Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian would serve you well. Another to look into would be a Univox Superfuzz clone, something like the MJM China Fuzz or the Watson Electronics Superfuzz clone.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'm a huge fan of Devi Evers. Problem is they're basically batch made and it could be hard to find the one you're looking for.

Maybe a Hyperion, but that might be too dark and modern. You could look at the 33/Soda Might family. I'm a fan of my Heroin Lifestyle, but it's got a rather short decay, so it wouldn't really be a good solo work. Maybe a Bi-Fuzz?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Seriously, try the ZVEX Fuzz Factory. That thing is insane. Hard to dial... but when you dial the tone... man... amazing pedal.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I've been watching a lot of demo videos trying to make my mind up.