Should be short and sweet. I found these pickups on the local Craigslist. They seem like a good deal, and they would match the sound I'm looking for. However, I'm not really clear on if they would fit into the guitar I want to drop them into, a Squier John 5 tele. Would they fit, and if not, could they be made to fit with different pickup rings or some other kind of simple fix? Thanks in advance.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
$75 each or $100 for both?

Anyways, the pickups would fit inside the Tele without the rings but you might have a little bit of an unattractive gap on both the long sides.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
$75 each or $100 for both?

Anyways, the pickups would fit inside the Tele without the rings but you might have a little bit of an unattractive gap on both the long sides.

When I contacted the guy, he basically said "I inherited these and don't know anything about them". Seems sketchy, but it is Craigslist after all. Practically speaking, would the gaps cause any issues, or just look weird?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
They would just look weird. They would function properly though. You might want to take a multimeter with you and test the points just to make sure everything is gravy.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
They would just look weird. They would function properly though. You might want to take a multimeter with you and test the points just to make sure everything is gravy.

+1 that is some good wisdom.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Where and for how much does one get a multimeter? What kind should I look for?
You can pick up a cheapo from Radio Shack for ~$20. You might want to ask your family or some friends to see if they have one you can borrow.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
sniped. i would try Sears though. probably better price.

Quote by souperman08
Where and for how much does one get a multimeter? What kind should I look for?

i have a nice one and probably a dozen cheap ones from harbor freight. sears would probably be the best place, radioshack would have them, hell maybe even walmart. the harbor freight ones suck, but its convenient to have in every room and in all of my cars. they are somewhat disposable.

but you can get something decent enough for $20.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 9, 2013,