Quote by deadsmileyface
I'm looking for something that will get me closer to Erik Braunn's tone on In A Gadda Da Vida.

i dont know who or what that is.
Catalinbread Merkin if you don't want one of dem Toyrooms.

Quote by greeny23

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by greeny23

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by greeny23

Quote by deadsmileyface
Does anyone know any good clones of the Mosrite Fuzzrite?

that would be a clone of a mosrite fuzzrite.

Keeley also makes one.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/2012/01/custom-shop-releases-60s-mosrite-fuzz-rite-recreation/
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I have a Mahoney Acid Tone that was created by Chris Mahoney ( he also does work for Keeley). It is very close to a Fuzzrite, a bit cleaner.

However, I also picked up a "Fuzzmite" made by Jon Green in Los Angeles. It is wired exactly like the Fuzzrite with germanium transistors down to it can only use a battery for power.
Here's a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_u6KAGRfPw
I like it a lot.
Quote by deadsmileyface

I'm getting the merkin. Thanks Dave.

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc

wat

You didn't even recommend that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah i know, that's why i high-fived him. He thanked me for laughing at tim's joke.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

they sell kits on Ebay to make your own that seem pretty close for $49
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by mmolteratx
wat

You didn't even recommend that.

yes. what he said. and thank you, for a good recommendation. Now, to wait for my next paycheck...
^
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman