Fellow gun-slingers, like many before me, about 5 months ago I bought my first 'proper' fx pedal and proceeded to become hooked. I'm pretty happy with my range of sounds now and have been getting a lot of enjoyment playing with my current chain:

wah>comp>dist>phase90>chorus>delay>reverb

However the red witch overdrive I ordered came yesterday, I charged it up as instructed, attempted to place it in the chain after the compressor and to my surprise, no sound at all. Maxed all volume controls and it still seems to be completely blocking the guitar signal, at every place in the chain. It works fine when used at the beginning or end of the chain as well as on its own but not with other pedals either side of it... Any advice greatly appreciated. (Advice from 'Toppscore' will be ignored)
Thanks
Quote by 7thString
Fellow gun-slingers, like many before me, about 5 months ago I bought my first 'proper' fx pedal and proceeded to become hooked. I'm pretty happy with my range of sounds now and have been getting a lot of enjoyment playing with my current chain:

wah>comp>dist>phase90>chorus>delay>reverb

However the red witch overdrive I ordered came yesterday, I charged it up as instructed, attempted to place it in the chain after the compressor and to my surprise, no sound at all. Maxed all volume controls and it still seems to be completely blocking the guitar signal, at every place in the chain. It works fine when used at the beginning or end of the chain as well as on its own but not with other pedals either side of it... Any advice greatly appreciated. (Advice from 'Toppscore' will be ignored)
Thanks

sometimes pedals are a little finicky. i have a single adapter on another edge of the room for some of my other amps. it works great with an OCD'tubescreamer/and proctavia, but wouldn't go for my 616 or microvibe. some draw more current.

i have a 1 spot in the mail so i won't have to worry about that. but it probably isn't getting enough juice.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a regulated Moen 9v power supply (basically a one spot) with everything daisy chained, (surprisingly quiet if you chain in the right order...) and I liked Red Witch not only for the sound but they claim that it has a rechargeable battery which i just charged for 12 hrs, and I like to keep dirt pedals out of the power chain because thy are usually noisy (esp big muffs). Anyway just tried the red witch with a separate 9v, negative tip supply and it still gave me nothing. They also say that the battery indicator light will flash if it is faulty so I don't think that is the problem. Appreciate your help so far
Hmm...all I can think of is to completely troubleshoot it.

Take out all the pedals, put just the wah in front of it and see if it works. Then just the comp. Then try each of the pedals after it individually. See if you can nail down where/what exactly is making it not work.
Quote by 7thString
I have a regulated Moen 9v power supply (basically a one spot) with everything daisy chained, (surprisingly quiet if you chain in the right order...) and I liked Red Witch not only for the sound but they claim that it has a rechargeable battery which i just charged for 12 hrs, and I like to keep dirt pedals out of the power chain because thy are usually noisy (esp big muffs). Anyway just tried the red witch with a separate 9v, negative tip supply and it still gave me nothing. They also say that the battery indicator light will flash if it is faulty so I don't think that is the problem. Appreciate your help so far

i wish i could do you more.

are you sure you didn't give it AC at any point?

are the jacks tight? what about the jack on the input?

if nothing is plugged in the input you won't get anything (as i am sure you know).

did you buy it new or used?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok thanks for your help fellas, after attempting to completely troubleshoot it as you said, I noticed that one of my patch cables has a slightly pointier tip than the rest of them, and this cable was being left in the same spot in the effects chain as I was troubleshooting, and upon closer inspection I noticed the different tip shape. Consequently, and only in the red witch pedal, the shape of this tip causes it to push the cable about 1mm back out of the jack, by itself (after being pushed all the way in) if given the slightest nudge ie sticking the pedal back on the velcro. The small gap then broke the circuit as you would understand.

Thanks for helping!

Also not that it is relevant but just another quirk I've come across in regards to problems inserting a shaft into a hole...

Jazzmaster (and other) 'push-insert' tremolo arms:
I recently bought a Jazzmaster from USA, it arrived one sunny morning in my hometown of Perth, Australia, nicely padded in its fender case and box, factory warranty etc, all seemed perfectly legit, until I went to insert the shiny whammy bar. The hole was waaay to small on the guitar. After researching online and pushing verrrrry hard, I gave up and emailed the seller but they too were stumped. The next day I tried again and suddenly it went in snugly! I realised that the guitar must have gotten fairly warm on the delivery truck and in the case on the day it came (it was a hot day, ~30 degrees C). Anyway if you understand how when a hollow cylinder expands the hole actually gets smaller, along with the whammy bar expanding, this led to a very incompatible combination, and both parts needed a fair amount of time to cool down.