It kind of looks like "zebrawood". But, that's just a wild guess.

Here's the product page on that guitar: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_ag_page13.php?data_id=273&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=3&series_id=135

As I said, that is just a wild guess. Offhand I know off no wood variety that has "Tahoe" associated with its name. That could be a model name of the guitar in your picture.

To me, "Tahoe" is a lake and ski resort in California, and has nothing to do with India.

I would suggest that you ask this question in our, "Gear Building & Customization" sub forum: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53 A lot of people in that forum build their own instruments, and likely have better knowledge of exotic woods.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 9, 2013,
only thing i can come up with without getting the NSA involved is what Cranky found..... Zebrano wood from West Africa.
or possibly Indian Laurel.
In a perfect world I could just ask him.... -_-
I am between guitars right now, I am in a struggle to buy the guitar in the picture or the Breedlove Atlas Stage Series C25/SRe. The reason I created this forum in the first place is to compare the woods, and do some research on long term effects from each of the two guitars. Which ages better I guess you could say.
i'd get the Mr. Potato. when you cycle back home, you'll have a very unique souvenir. you like it, its affordable. why not? if you do get it, please post some more pics... or better yet, a video of it. i'm always intrigued by new brands.
Quote by stepchildusmc
i'd get the Mr. Potato. when you cycle back home, you'll have a very unique souvenir. you like it, its affordable. why not? if you do get it, please post some more pics... or better yet, a video of it. i'm always intrigued by new brands.

If it seems to be a decent guitar, I agree. Breedloves are very nice- I have one on my G.A.S. list- but if I could find something I liked of comperable quality that isn't available worldwide...well, that's something special.

Plus, the name is a hoot!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well I am going to give it another look today or tomorrow. Ill be sure to post pictures
Well...they LOOK cool! How do they sound?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I love the sound of the first one, I actually bought it. The second was good, but I didn't think it stood out above others like the first one. All wood bodies.
I found out today it is zebra wood, apparently Tahoe means zebra wood too in Korean. It's warm with out being too bassy. The pick up and tuner were spot on as well.
Hngd!

Quote by WholeMilk
hngd?

Happy New Guitar DAY...! From me, and also for the clarification you seek.