Hi, I was wondering if this is relevant/interesting to any European UG users?

We are basically hosting a live music contest called 'Eurock Marathon' which is for upcoming rock bands, across Europe. Prizes are awarded by our sponsors. We have recently announced a partnership with EPIPHONE and are making preparations to make further announcements in the future.

Bands are required to send 3 original tracks for adjudication. 8 finalists will be selected from the applications and invited to Berlin to compete in a live final event and will also support a major headline artist.

It is free to apply via our website (eurockmarathon.com). The closing date for entries is the 31st May 2013. Finalists will be announced in July and invited to Berlin to compete in the final event in December 2013/January 2014 (tbc).
europeans don't like rock. talk to the yanks
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
ah, sorry, to be clear it's promoting 'rock' in broad genre terms.. one of the finalists last year was an all-female metal band from turkey, another was a punk group, another indie, another 'classic rock'
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
europeans don't like rock. talk to the yanks

We don't like it either. Talk to the azns.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Is this competition open only to Europeans?

sadly for this year's event it is only for european bands - the hope is that as the event becomes more popular we can become a european host for the world - step by step
Quote by eurockmarathon
sadly for this year's event it is only for european bands - the hope is that as the event becomes more popular we can become a european host for the world - step by step

Ah, alright, thanks for the info.

I wouldn't have been able to enter anyway, since I don't have any bandmates.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Ah, alright, thanks for the info.

I wouldn't have been able to enter anyway, since I don't have any bandmates.

ahh, well there's always the future competitions
Quote by captainsnazz
What's rock?

good question! like I say, we're treating it in broad terms

Quote by eurockmarathon
ah, sorry, to be clear it's promoting 'rock' in broad genre terms.. one of the finalists last year was an all-female metal band from turkey, another was a punk group, another indie, another 'classic rock'
Wow. Advertising account thats actually relevant and kinda cool I would do this if I had a band...
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Wow. Advertising account thats actually relevant and kinda cool I would do this if I had a band...

Haha! well, I figured trying to give away a few iPhone 5's wouldn't go down so well

You need to get yourself some bandmates! I hope you don't mind but I had a cheeky look at your youtube profile - enjoyed the Runnin' Wild cover! Weirdly enough, before I started this job in Berlin, I was based near Southampton(!) hope all's well back home!
Quote by eurockmarathon
Haha! well, I figured trying to give away a few iPhone 5's wouldn't go down so well

You need to get yourself some bandmates! I hope you don't mind but I had a cheeky look at your youtube profile - enjoyed the Runnin' Wild cover! Weirdly enough, before I started this job in Berlin, I was based near Southampton(!) hope all's well back home!

I like you

I'm hoping to enter a big Open Mic competition this year on my own because I'm sick of not playing live anymore Nah I don't mind! The more views, the better. I grow stronger with each one

Ah nice! Weather is still terrible, economy is still run by rich kids. Nothings changed

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Apr 9, 2013,
Quote by leony03

I like you

I'm hoping to enter a big Open Mic competition this year on my own because I'm sick of not playing live anymore Nah I don't mind! The more views, the better. I grow stronger with each one

Ah nice! Weather is still terrible, economy is still run by rich kids. Nothings changed

ah, I know what you mean with the not playing a while, it eats away at you a bit!.. still I wish you well on your return to the Open Mic stage!

hmm, bad times... well, I heard the light dusting of snow which fell on the country has melted which is always a start I guess
Quote by eurockmarathon
ah, I know what you mean with the not playing a while, it eats away at you a bit!.. still I wish you well on your return to the Open Mic stage!

hmm, bad times... well, I heard the light dusting of snow which fell on the country has melted which is always a start I guess

Yeah definitely. I saw my friend do one the other day and realised how much I missed it. Thanks

Haha it was like 3 days of sun then 1 day of snow. Then sun again the next day. Just...what? That doesn't make sense!

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Yeah definitely. I saw my friend do one the other day and realised how much I missed it. Thanks

Haha it was like 3 days of sun then 1 day of snow. Then sun again the next day. Just...what? That doesn't make sense!

street musicians here have been remarkably persistent regardless of the weather (although admittedly 'powered by..' gluhwein.. or something stronger!) ...

it froze, got to minus 10 then there was one day it looked like melting and God was obviously looking down thinking like... "lol, you know what'd be reaaaally funny?! YOLO!" and it froze again overnight! this has happened 4 times since February but I am remaining optimistic for the spring (or summer at this rate)!

But on the plus, the Eurock Marathon contest provides travel and a rather glorious place for finalists to stay (so you won't be out in the cold!)