Page 1 of 2
I can't quite believe this

So my dad is an events organiser and at the moment he's doing a fund raising event called 'The World's shortest run fun', which is a run around the country's smallest park. However, it would be the world's smallest park if not for the park in Portland, Oregon.

He wrote a press release about the event, calling the Park in Portland, 'A glorified flower pot' as a bit of a tongue in cheek thing.

He's now getting abuse on Twitter, news stories and numerous Portland TV, Radios and newspapers have rang to get an interview with him.

Oregon Public Broadcasting want to speak to him, he's had texts off KATU/TV and a text off a major radio station. Don't know who though.

Here's a web article.

http://www.kgw.com/news/UK-city-challenges-worlds-smallest-park-in-Portland-201996161.html

This thing started small but since about an hour ago, it completely kicked off. The phone won't stop ringing
That is a sad looking "park"

And I would know... Oh, wait
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm starting to think Fred Armisen is behind all of this.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Your dad is right. That is just a flower. If that can be classed as a park, so can the row of weeds in my student house garden.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Apr 9, 2013,
Those are some quaint parks.

^Wear a shirt with Sam's face on it during the interviews.
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at Apr 9, 2013,
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Those are some quaint parks.

^Wear a shirt with Sam's face on it during the interviews.

Wat
See what he needs to do is get people to show their support for the park by supporting the fundraiser.

As someone who is trying to start a career in fundraising/development, I'm incredibly impressed how your dad has managed to accidentally create an international PR event that will bring absurd amounts of publicity.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Update.

They acted like they found it cute we were challenging them at first, but now they're getting twitchy because we will probably win. My dad's got 3 interviews tonight.
Yeah screw those US fags, Lichfield is where it's at! Staffordshire massive brah!
To be fair, the one he's contesting it with is hardly a "park" either

Surely any bit of greenery inside a mini roundabout can be called a "park" if that can
Quote by sam b
To be fair, the one he's contesting it with is hardly a "park" either

Surely any bit of greenery inside a mini roundabout can be called a "park" if that can

I know, but it's just funny cause my dad was just making a tongue in cheek comment and now Portland are getting angry about it.
Portland >>>>>>>>>>>>> anywhere in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I didn't think I'd give a shit about park politics, but actually you're right their park is in no possible way a park. There are smaller plantpots out there; if that qualifies so do they.
Your old man's got top #BANTZ
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm with your dad on this one, Lesser Seattle Portland should be ashamed...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
So it isn't just you that is a bit of a self-important twit, it seems to be genetic.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by frankv
In the comments:
Are you glory hunting with your dad?

#PlasticSon

#AGAINSTMODERNCHILDREN
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'll piss right in that flower pot's eye
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Quote by TunerAddict
So it isn't just you that is a bit of a self-important twit, it seems to be genetic.

I don't know why I'm biting, but you obviously can't read. My dad wrote a press release for our local rag and the blog got in touch with Portland and they've blown it up.

Don't stop being a cunt though
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I don't know why I'm biting

Please refer to my earlier post for an explanation.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I'm self important and you're a cunt. Glad we've got that straight

Yet another thread invaded by your sharp wit and joyful personality though.

Also thanks for insulting my dad . Like he's done anything to you.
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Apr 9, 2013,
So you're the guy on my Facebook wall who's name I couldn't link to anything. For a moment I thought it was a strange coincidence

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I'm self important and you're a cunt. Glad we've got that straight

Yet another thread invaded by your sharp wit and joyful personality though.

Also thanks for insulting my dad . Like he's done anything to you.

You and jokes get along about as well as your dad and the city of Portland.

In all honesty, neither should be considered parks.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Page 1 of 2