So today me and my roommate spontaneously decided to take a walk. We walked to the end of our village and into the fields, and then back.

It was raining the entire time, and we only had normal clothes on, and no umbrella. For some reason, going through the cold and windy rain, through soggy and muddy fields, made it a lot more fun, and even though we came back after about two hours, soaking wet and freezing, it was the best I've felt in a long time.

Why is that? Am I turning into Calvin's dad?

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 9, 2013,
you're german. it's a damn good thing you don't define normality by the actions of your parents
I thought this was going be a thread about penis. Thankfully i was proven wrong

Quote by JackalUK
Because you touch yourself at night.

Well i guess it is now god damn it
Sail upon the open skies
I played one game of Horse over Easter and now it's all I ever want to do. Outside must be the ethereal equivalent of heroin.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Were you holding hands?

No, and even if we were, that's not the question. For some reason the wind and the rain made the whole thing much more enjoyable, instead of uncomfortable. It was fun being uncomfortable.
I know what you're talking about. I love running in the rain, as long as it's not cold outside. If it's warm i could spend a couple hours outside
Sail upon the open skies
Why does there need to be a why? Just appreciate it.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I was just trying to imply you're gay. Jeez.

Where I study, the male/female ratio of the entire area is 80/20. Sometimes I WISH I were gay
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ah, but how many of those are straight? It matters. I thought it didn't but it does.

According to my gay friends, the male gay scene in this area is flourishing more than nicely. According to my lesbian friends, they hate this place even more than I do.
I think the comic says a fair bit on it. It's outside your experience. Normally, you'd be dressed up for rain and cold, possibly with an umbrella, and you'd view all that as "bad" or at least not as good. Does it feel like you broke that?

Or maybe you're like me and comfort has become stale and becoming uncomfortable for a period helps you to appreciate comfort in a brighter light.
Quote by Mudmen190
I think the comic says a fair bit on it. It's outside your experience. Normally, you'd be dressed up for rain and cold, possibly with an umbrella, and you'd view all that as "bad" or at least not as good. Does it feel like you broke that?

Or maybe you're like me and comfort has become stale and becoming uncomfortable for a period helps you to appreciate comfort in a brighter light.

Maybe that's it. Maybe living such a normal and scheduled life has become so boring that even the cheapest thing outside of it becomes a thing of wonder.

I mean, I used to go running through forests all the time as a kid, these days I go to uni, go to work, sleep and repeat. I never thought much of stopping of smelling the flowers, but I think "take a day off and go walk through the rain and fields" is in pretty much the same vein, I guess?
You liked it better in the rain, I love it when it's cold and rainy/snowy, others love the hot summer sun, most don't care as long as there's a balance of heat, cold, wind, and rain, or in other words: spring and autumn.

Meh.,.
Calvin & Hobbes is awesome. Just wanted to say it.

Regarding your question, I think it's because you are becoming older and starting to enjoy the little, simple things in life. Since you have more and more responsabilities as years go by and a lot more stuff to worry about, a simple walk seems much more enjoyable than when you were younger.
Quote by little_boy
Calvin & Hobbes is awesome. Just wanted to say it.

Regarding your question, I think it's because you are becoming older and starting to enjoy the little, simple things in life. Since you have more and more responsabilities as years go by and a lot more stuff to worry about, a simple walk seems much more enjoyable than when you were younger.

But it wasn't the walk I enjoyed: I enjoyed doing it in the rain. I enjoyed being wet and cold and trudging through mud and hills, not just the walk. I enjoyed everything that most people would deem un-enjoyable.
Quote by CoreysMonster
But it wasn't the walk I enjoyed: I enjoyed doing it in the rain. I enjoyed being wet and cold and trudging through mud and hills, not just the walk. I enjoyed everything that most people would deem un-enjoyable.

Perhaps your life has become monotonous and the feeling of doing something out of the norm and sporadic was needed.
neanderthal roots, maaan
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Maybe you went through so much trouble lately that what to most people is a hindrance to you it represents something completely irrelevant? Or maybe walking in the rain gave you some sort of feeling of freedom, a feeling that you unconsciously feel has been taken away from you in any way? I don't know, I'm no psychoanalyst.
I used to do that quite often with a friend.. I liked the rain, still do actually. Never really wondered why.

EDIT: Never in the freezing cold though. It's more that I can quite like walking in rain when I'm in the mood for it.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by CoreysMonster
But... Homo Sapiens isn't descendant of the Neanderthal

i admit i didn't know...last time i thought about this stuff was in junior high or something!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
It's freeing to do stuff like that since you're not supposed to once you grow up. I bet you'd get the same feeling from walking around town in nothing but your underwear.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by CoreysMonster
But... Homo Sapiens isn't descendant of the Neanderthal

I aint no Homo, im a Straight Sapiens.
Having pleasure from rain dropping on you, soaking you completely is a Freudian thought complex which at a more sub conscious level of your existence basically signifies your love of urination and the process of covering your whole body with urine.

/prove me wrong
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Having pleasure from rain dropping on you, soaking you completely is a Freudian thought complex which at a more sub conscious level of your existence basically signifies your love of urination and the process of covering your whole body with urine.

/prove me wrong

The actual sensation of being coated in urine is but a psychological difference due to an inferiority complex. The actual act of being coated in urine triggers many sub-skin reactions which are most unwanted by most normal human beings.

Human urine contains

an aqueous solution of greater than 95% water, with the remaining constituents, in order of decreasing concentration urea 9.3 g/L, chloride 1.87 g/L, sodium 1.17 g/L, potassium 0.750 g/L, creatinine 0.670 g/L and other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds.

I'm afraid this solution is neither pleasant nor common for me.
lol pee pee
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Because its spring, and cabin fever is starting to get to you. If you had done this in the cold rainyness of fall then you would have hated yourself for it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
It's (relatively) cold and windy and I just went for a swim and freezing in that pool was the best sensation ever, followed by walking across a muddy field to get back here
cat
You normally find it unnerving, and now you went through that together with someone else.

We are social creatures, and we tend to feel better when we can share stuff like that.

Therapy groups are exactly that, but then focused.

Either that or your not telling everything.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Apr 10, 2013,