What`s up.
So I have an HTC Desire and I have an issue.
I use an app called ColorNote to write things like lyrics and other shit down but suddenly it stopped working and as soon as I open it, it shuts down.
It doesn`t leave a crash rapport or alike.

When I take a look at the programs menu it says that there is still data stored within the app (probably my notes).

How can I retrieve the stuff if it is possible?
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Dissonance is underrated.
Did you try working the shaft?

Serious response: have you tried reinstalling the app?

Also, you might be able to pull out the data if you connect your phone to your computer. Might be able to pull the files from there and put them on your computer or something.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Apr 9, 2013,
If I reinstall the app my notes will disapear.
I managed to find some data regarding the app and the filetypes are .DAT and .IDX. There are like hundreds of them and I have not written that many notes.
But the files are stored within data/colornote/backup thou.
Download Carbon Backup and back up the app data for that app, reinstall it, then restore from your backup.
Quote by TheChaz
Download Carbon Backup and back up the app data for that app, reinstall it, then restore from your backup.

Can`t I just copy the files that are in the backup folder and the past them back after I reinstalled the app?
Gonna try that right now.
Quote by Lyrax
Can`t I just copy the files that are in the backup folder and the past them back after I reinstalled the app?
Gonna try that right now.

You could try it
Dunno if the HTC works similarly to iPhone, but I have an iPhone 4 (free with verizon right now, incase anyone didn't know).

I was having the same problem with a number of the apps I was running. The problem ended up being some corruptions in some of the background apps I was running. I was able to fix it by closing out all of my background apps, and then restarting the phone. every once in awhile it happens again, but this always seems to fix the problem
Quote by desperatechris
HTC is crap.

Fin.

This is true. Also, you should have used Carbon.
unfortunately i had that phone too. get used to this happening and then one day the phone will start restarting and die... best thing you can do is backup any file associated with the app and re-install it. or try opening the .dat and idx files in a program on your computer. the idx are just index files i dont think they will have your notes in there but worth a try. also make copys of the .DAT and .IDX files and rename the extensions to .TXT. might not work but worth a try.. (ex. blahblah.DAT renamed to blahblah.TXT )
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
Have you tried updating?
Which approach did not actually work? The backup app? The copy and paste method?
Stupid question, but have you tried restarting your phone?
Can you trace it back to when it started happening? It could be a rogue app that you installed some time ago.
Have you tried looking at
http://blog.socialnmobile.com/2010/10/android-notepad-colornote-faq.html? It would seem that the copy and paste method should work, but I highly suggest you try and get another phone and test it out first before actually committing to the restore process by uninstalling the app. Many poorly coded apps actually don't remove residual files, but those are far and few between.

Edit: Off topic, but I had the same phone. It worked pretty well, but the internal memory was freaking awful. Now they're even going the non expandable storage route with their flagship phone. I have no idea what they're thinking.
Last edited by triface at Apr 9, 2013,
I highly recommend writing your lyrics down on paper and keeping them in a folder. Won't have to worry about anything crashing
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Check the app in the store and read the recent reviews. Sometimes an app is updated and completely breaks so it might be the app itself and you won't be able to fix it.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
You dirty, dirty adbot.

LOL just thought it was cool. just got it, and I've never ever had a smart phone, let alone a phone with a keyboard
Quote by triface
Have you tried updating?
Which approach did not actually work? The backup app? The copy and paste method?
Stupid question, but have you tried restarting your phone?
Can you trace it back to when it started happening? It could be a rogue app that you installed some time ago.
Have you tried looking at
http://blog.socialnmobile.com/2010/10/android-notepad-colornote-faq.html? It would seem that the copy and paste method should work, but I highly suggest you try and get another phone and test it out first before actually committing to the restore process by uninstalling the app. Many poorly coded apps actually don't remove residual files, but those are far and few between.

Edit: Off topic, but I had the same phone. It worked pretty well, but the internal memory was freaking awful. Now they're even going the non expandable storage route with their flagship phone. I have no idea what they're thinking.

YEEES the backup thing worked!!! Thanks for posting that link <3333