This should be fairly non-confrontational. Have you ever owned an amplifier of any type (including headphone ones) that you've sold that after some time you regret. Please share why you regret the decision to sell if you are comfortable as well. If you want list the amps you've owned over the time that's also OK.
I'll start.
Probably the two amps that stick in my mind over the years are a Blackfaced Fender I bought used in 1981 for under $300 if I remember correctly. I wasn't too much into model names back then but it was either a Deluxe Reverb, Tremolux or Vibrolux. All I remember is it sound great cranked, had a single 12 inch speaker but the wattage was low, (approx 20 W) I used it to jam with fellow military guys that played and it worked great but when I went home to jam with my former band mates and did a gig it couldn't keep up. So I sold it. for a 100W Silver Faced Twin Reverb which didn't have near the character. Shame because these days high power is not a requirement for me and it was most likely an original blackface from the 60's.
The second amp I sold was an orignal 80's new Rockman X100. It cost almost $200 in Baltimore while I was on a military course in the US. I just liked the headphone sound it gave with built in effects and distortion and miss the convenience. My understanding is Dunlops(?) versions ae nothing like those now.

Here's a list of what I've owned for amps over the years( I won't include what I borrowed or rented for use)

SO how about your amp stories.
                      Moving on.....
                      Last edited by KenG at Apr 9, 2013,
                      I sold my old Vox AD100VT a few months ago. Sure it wasn't the greatest amp ever made, but I had some many good memories with it (playing shows during my high school years, winning battle of the bands etc). Makes me kind of miss it.
                      Last edited by schecter ftw at Apr 9, 2013,
                      Quote by schecter ftw
                      A sold my old Vox AD100VT a few months ago. Sure it wasn't the greatest amp ever made, but I had some many good memories with it (playing shows during my high school years, winning battle of the bands etc). Makes me kind of miss it.

What have you owned since then? Are you happy with your current rig?
                      Moving on.....
                      Sold my Egnater Renegade on Ebay last October. I will admit, I miss it a lot, especially how easy it was to gig with. When it reached the buyer he found that the inside was totally shattered. Even the chassis was busted up. I couldn't believe it, they must have dropped it from a two story window to damage it like that.

On the bright side, I was the only guy to ever have had the privilege to play it
                      Quote by baf250
                      Sold my Egnater Renegade on Ebay last October. I will admit, I miss it a lot, especially how easy it was to gig with. When it reached the buyer he found that the inside was totally shattered. Even the chassis was busted up. I couldn't believe it, they must have dropped it from a two story window to damage it like that.

On the bright side, I was the only guy to ever have had the privilege to play it

Played Egnator Tweaker at XMas, a very nice little amp.
                      Moving on.....
                      Probably my vertical input JCM 800 combo. It sounded great but it was much too loud for what I was doing.

I had a Laney VH100R that I liked as well but I sold for the same reason as the JCM.
                      Quote by zgr0826
                      My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
                      I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
                      Quote by SimplyBen
                      Matamp Red, Orange Rocker 30 & Rockerverb 50.

I make very poor choices.

mojostompboxes.com
                      No.
                      RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
                      Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
                      AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
                      i didnt sell it but the first tube amp that i made it was a nice 20 watts and just sounded amazing

it was stolen a while back from my workshed
                      i still miss it
                      I had a London City (Dutch make) Bulldog which was supposed to be a hot rodded Marshall plexi of some sorts, but at a very affordable price.
                      It did a pretty decent job, but I had an enormous cab (that weighed about 70kg - 150 lbs) to pair it up with and it became too much of a hassle to carry around every week to rehearse and it was way too loud to play at home properly.

I sold the cab off to someone who had the other part of the set (412 and 215) and the head to a friend and made profit on it, but in the end, I would've loved to have kept it. The clean channel had a really nice overdrive sound when completely cranked and would match the tone I'm looking for very well.

I also kind of regret selling my Dual Rectifier, but in the end, it was for the best of my band at that time and the Lone Star I bought with the money I got for the Dual Rectifier is probably the first amplifier I don't see myself selling.

I briefly had a Vox AC15 as well and even though I don't immediately regret selling that, I know I'm going to buy an AC30 at some point in the future.
                      Not one that I owned, but I had the opportunity to buy a Silvertone Twin, 1440 model I think, and decided I wanted more gain, so I got a blackstar instead. The stupid thing is that I now use fuzz for almost all my gain needs and the Silvertone wouldve been perfect. I'm currently running a dual amp night train/jet city setup.
                      Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
                      Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
                      JCA2212c
                      Vox Night Train
                      Raven 1x12
                      Digitech Whammy
                      TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
                      Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
                      Carbon Copy
                      BYOC BBO
                      TC Arena Reverb
                      I have sold a bunch of amps... I partially regret buying/selling my mark V because I bought it new. Great amp and very versatile, just not metal enough for me.

I sold a DSL401 I really liked. I just had too many amps.

I have another and will probably sell it as well. Cool little combo, I just have too much gear if there is such a thing.

I just sold a Krankenstein+ which was a cool metal amp. I do regret selling it, but also regret buying it as it sat for over a year.

I currently have a 6505 and the DSL401 along with a Blue Voodoo that is going to get ripped apart.

No real regrets in the amp department. Just a few fond memories.

My biggest regret with music gear was selling my KV-2. I bought it new sold it to pay for expenses in college. I wish I would have floated some money on the CC instead... I paid over 2K for another new one. Still my favorite guitar.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
                      See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
                      Last edited by R45VT at Apr 9, 2013,
                      Its not very often I use my Ibanez ART-300 and Peavey Vypyr 15. I mean, they're my first electric and amp so I know they're not exactly the best or most expensive but meh.

I don't regret buying them, its just I think it will take a while to get my moneys worth from them since I just tend to stick with my acoustic because its easier to. Might have been better off getting a new acoustic rather than what I did get
                      Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
                      Fractured Instinct
                      (For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
                      Ibanez S420
                      LTD H-301
                      Ibanez RG520
                      Peavey Predator USA
                      Douglas Grendel 725
                      Line 6 Pod HD500X
                      Original Mesa Single Rec, 5150 2x12 combo (Best sounding 5150 I've ever heard), JC-120H, Sunn Spectrum I, Sunn Model T Reissue, Fender Twin RI, Traynor YBA-1, and my first VH100R.

Bleh.
                      ENGL Steve Morse.

I havent played anything as versatile, imposing or unique since.

It was an incredible amp and I will own another in my playing life time.

1977 Burny FLG70
                      2004 EBMM JP6
                      2016 SE Holcolmb
                      I regret selling my Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100. I loved that amp, not to mention my wife bought it form me.
                      Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
                      EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
                      Line 6 M13
                      a 1968 Acoustic 156. it was the 150b head and the 2x15 cabinet. absolutely monster, loved that setup. i ended up getting a '71 kustom that was easier to move, just as loud and sounded awesome so i got rid of the monstrous acoustic rig.

i still own all my favorite amps though.
                      punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
                      -ae
                      Only amp I miss is my CAA OD100. Such a killer amp.
                      E-peen:
                      Rhodes Gemini
                      Fryette Ultra Lead
                      Peavey 6505
                      THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
                      EBMM JP13 Rosewood
                      Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
                      I miss my Krank Chadwick

I sold it because I kept thinking I was going to need a better metal rig to gig with, but now I am dying for a pissed off Marshall sound (what the amp was) and it is a bitch to find one around here for the price.

I (kind of) regret selling my Mark III, but not so much, that just wasn't my thing. I liked that amp, but it was always "almost" there, and I ain't got for that.

I actually miss my Bugera 6260, I had that thing sounding pretty sweet, it was part of my gigging rig and I had a lot of great times with that amp. Won't be getting another one, but the sentiment of it is hard to get past.
                      I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
                      i don't miss selling anything i ever had.

i haven't ever sold for loss ever either.

i buy on good prices, i won't buy anything i couldn't flip (in most cases intend keeping) and profit or at minimum break even. if i can't find it, i will wait for one to fall in my hands or buy something else.
                      WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
                      alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
                      nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
                      youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
                      2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
                      2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
                      2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
                      2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
                      Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
                      ---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
                      My Carvin x100b. Not the best amp, but still a good amp, sold it for chump change to a store cause I needed the cash quick.

At least in the future I could always pick it up for cheap since I'm real good friends with the manager and he cuts me deals all the time.
                      Squier Strat
                      Behringer Fuzz
                      GFT-90
                      Mesa F30. Only amp I truly regret letting go. I was doing too much crap with attenuators and wanted a lower gain sound at the time. Was too stupid to see what a killer amp I had in front of me.

My dream amp is a mark V right now, just not anywhere near the realm of what I can afford.
                      I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
                      i regret selling my randall rh300 g3 head. that thing was a fantastic amp. i kinda miss my legacy maybe one day ill pick up a legacy 2 or 3.
                      i mostly regret selling some of my guitars. mainly my eclipse
                      Live Rig
                      Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
                      Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
                      Jet City 2x12
                      Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
                      Quote by iheartgun
                      i regret selling my randall rh300 g3 head. that thing was a fantastic amp. i kinda miss my legacy maybe one day ill pick up a legacy 2 or 3.
                      i mostly regret selling some of my guitars. mainly my eclipse

I liked my RH200. Great amp for the price, nice thick distortion that was great for doing any sort of tech-metal, great clarity.
                      I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.