Hey guys,

Just like I can plug in my electric guitar to the Line In port on a Mac and play it through Garageband with a selection of amps and effects, I was wondering if I could plug it in to the Mic port on my HP Probook 4230s ( link: [forbidden link]) and play it. If I plug it in without opening any software, I can hear a electric guitar sound generated by Windows, but I want different amps and effects, so is there any programs that support me just directly plugging my guitar in? I tried Guitar Rig Pro 5, but I need some sort of audio interface or pedals, and frankly I don't want to invest in that. I tried running it through my Roland Mini Cube amp first but that didn't work. So what I am looking for is either:

1. A way to connect the electric guitar to GRP5 and listen to it without a audio interface, or some sort of workaround( I would prefer this because it has a wide range of amps)

OR
2. A program in which i can connect the guitar and listen to it without an audio interface.

If the program is good and there are at least 5 differnt types of amps, I don't mind spending some money on it (less than 500 dollars please). I should not have to use an AI.

I would really be grateful if you could help as soon as possible!

harmeet45
Reaper is an awesome program and is only $60, but I STRONGLY recommend an interface, it'll sound far better that way.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Alesis Guitar Link+! A lead to plug your guitar straight into a USB port. Comes with all drivers and you pick your own amps and FX from the selection available, all tweakable and you can record with it too! Excellent.
Quote by Viban
Reaper is an awesome program and is only $60, but I STRONGLY recommend an interface, it'll sound far better that way.

Thanks, I got a trial of it from the website, can you tell me how to set the basic thing up? I'm a bit confused.

harmeet45
Quote by d d b b z z
You don t need a interface for GRP just Asio4all drivers

Thanks, trying right now, I got a copy of GRP from a friend and I'll test it right now. If it works I love you(not in a gay way )
Quote by harmeet45
Thanks, I got a trial of it from the website, can you tell me how to set the basic thing up? I'm a bit confused.

harmeet45

Go to preference and set your input/output. then insert a track, turn on the playthrough on the track and arm it for recording. it also helps if you set the sample rate up, but I think you also have to do that in your computer's settings for it to help.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.