I have recently bought an ESP LTD Phoenix 200, specs:

Maple neck through
basswood body
esp pickups and hardware
25.5" scale

I bought this guitar because i like the shape but didnt want to spend upwards of £700 on the deluxe model with comes with seymour duncan JB and 59 and mahogany body.

I was under no illusion that the pickups would be any good so my question is which ones to buy.

I play in a band that is sort of devildriver/killswitch and play in both drop b and drop c
this guitar would be in drop C.

I have a peavey 6505+ 112 combo atm and will boost it with a ts9 or maxon OD 808.

my other guitar is an ibanez SZ320 with EMG 81 and 85 in it.

in my experience ive tried the JB and jazz combo ( although not through a tube amp) and the dimarzio d acitvator through a laney vh100r and loved it.

im mainly looking for a bridge pickup for now and would like your input on what may work for me

thanks
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
I'm going to be honest with you, the JB and 59 combination would have been perfect. You have to decide what company you're going to go with, all of them are great but people have their preferences

Bareknuckle? Seymour Duncan? Dimarzio? etc.

Going by you talking about Seymour Duncan I could suggest you check out the Full Shred for the bridge, and a Jazz in the neck would be the ideal pickup to compliment it.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I need a powerful pickup one with a good tight bass response and clarity, ive been recommended the bare knuckle miracle man by tim at BKP, but at £120 for one pickup id like to know any other good pickups before i splash out
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Last edited by peavey6505+user at Apr 10, 2013,
Quote by peavey6505+user
I need a powerful pickup one with a good tight bass response and clarity, ive been recommended the bare knuckle miracle man by tim at BKP, but at £120 for one pickup id like to know any other good pickups before i splash out

Bareknuckle are perhaps the most expensive and they are good, but I mean you could go for a whole bunch of pickups that would do what you want.

SD : JB, Full Shred, Invader
Dimarzio : Evolutions
Bareknuckle : Nail Bomb, Painkiller or even the Warpig (despite what you might think).

I can only recommend pickups I have experience with, but playing in a metal band with a Peavey 5150 for most of my career and having experience with the above pickups I can tell you they will all do what you want, you have to decide which of them you think has the right characteristics for you, I would have recommended you the Painkiller personally.

The guys at Bareknuckle know what they are talking about, so taking their advice on which of their pickups will do what you want is probably not a bad thing, £120 is steep though, that is double the price of a Seymour Duncan.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Last edited by Bigbazz at Apr 10, 2013,
Im really wanting a BKP, what i really think though is that atm im only doing smal gigs and we are more hobbists than full time band and id rather spend £60-£80 on a pickup that will sound good in my guitar for now. I can pick up a seymour duncan JB for £40 used but i only have experience with this on a solid state amp.

with my EMG's it feels like ive gots lots of tone to play with if you understand me, its very loud and powerful and pushs the amp hard making harmonics jump out i think i just want a pickup that will do this but be passive.

You all must know what i mean the difference between a crap stock pickp and a really good pickup, just feels better
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Pick your favourite out of Duncans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzie8mham8

Seriously that may not give the best idea how it may sound in YOUR guitar and YOUR equipment. But I really like what Distortion, JB and Full Shred sound like.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I fell myself leaning towards the seymour duncan JB will this be punchy enough to compete with my EMG guitar.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal