hi im looking for a guitar for low tunings like drop b-g so ill need heavy strings but want to keep my schecter c-1 elite (my main guitar) fairly standard.
which ever i get ill prob put a seymour duncan dimebucker in the bridge.
there the same price but schecters case is cheaper, but quality wise which would you suggest? im open to other recommendations as well.
thanks.
p.s i also quite like the schecter sls series.
Last edited by dantheamazingfu at Apr 10, 2013,
Personally Ive preferred Schecters Over ESP, they feel more solidly built and sturdy to me
Guitars-
Schecter KM7
Amp-
Peavey Vypyr VIP1
Personally I prefer the LTD Deluxe to most of the Schecters I've played. Schecters feel too much like plasticy toys to me.

Have you played either? If not, I strongly recommend you go play both and see which one resonates with you more.
im afraid i do not have access to demo these guitars cause my local guitar shop is a bit rubbish
have you played on the esp?
If you're going to tune that low, why not get a 7 string?

And don't get a Dimbucker because they suck.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 10, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you're going to tune that low, why not get a 7 string?

And don't get a Dimbucker because they suck.

yeah i played a 7 string it just felt weird haha.
but why do you say dimebuckers suck?
You get used to 7 strings with playing them.

And Dimebuckers suck because they're very muddy and have no versatility whatsoever.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You get used to 7 strings with playing them.

And Dimebuckers suck because they're very muddy and have no versatility whatsoever.

i might give it a shot can you recommend any 7 strings?
Quote by dantheamazingfu
i might give it a shot can you recommend any 7 strings?

LTD 1007
Jackson SLAT7
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I prefer Jacksons imo. Especially the Japanese ones if you get get ahold of them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 10, 2013,
Quote by dantheamazingfu
what do you think of the sls series.i just edited my post.
thanks.

They suck. I got one delivered two days ago... Put it back in the box, and shipped it back to the dealer 30 minutes after it was delivered. Sounded thin and lifeless. The SD Blackouts sounded really dark, muddy, and undefined. Also the guitar felt like a toy. I know they are supposed to be light... But it was just too light which negatively affected the tone IMHO. It looked cool though.
Quote by Wizard of Ozz
They suck. I got one delivered two days ago... Put it back in the box, and shipped it back to the dealer 30 minutes after it was delivered. Sounded thin and lifeless. The SD Blackouts sounded really dark, muddy, and undefined. Also the guitar felt like a toy. I know they are supposed to be light... But it was just too light which negatively affected the tone IMHO. It looked cool though.

mmm well then so what did you get instead?
Quote by Wizard of Ozz

learn to EQ.
Quote by guitarguydm123
Personally Ive preferred Schecters Over ESP, they feel more solidly built and sturdy to me

i know i am being a pain in the ass, but ESP's are far different than LTD"s. i have never played an LTD that was comparable to an ESP.

saying ESP LTD is the same thing as saying Fender Squier, or Gibson Epiphone.

i like ESP's, i have owned three LTD's and they really didn't impress me at all (EC400 EC401 and EC1000).

i have played a few ESP's here and there, an ESP Horizon and a few Eclipses.

back on topic, i would take the LTD over a schecter. schecters almost always win on the spec sheet, but they lack in play and feel IMO.

LTD deluxes are pretty nice though. look used for LTD"s they have bad resale value, the EC1000 that i had was mint and i think i payed $350 or something.

look for the right thing, play both if possible and buy what you think is best for you.

what you really want is an ibanez haha
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Schecters I played weren't amazing, but I love the LTD deluxe line. Very cheap used, too. If you're not going for used vintage Made in Japan, you might as well check out the LTD Deluxe guitars.
Quote by dantheamazingfu
mmm well then so what did you get instead?

Nothing. I was so disappointed in the SLS. Still waiting for my refund. I'm looking at USA Jacksons right now. They have a great thin neck, sound great, and built like a tank.

If you have to pick between the Schecter & LTD, get the LTD MH.
Quote by W4RP1G
learn to EQ.

Bite me. The SLS sucked. Period. I've played $100 pawn shop Ibby RGs that played/sounded better.