http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?&src=3TP3D8F

I was going to buy some monitors for recording and whatnot, but I saw this and figured maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone and use it for studio monitors and as a PA for playing with a band(or whatever other need arises).

I'm not really looking to spend more than $400 on studio monitors anyway.

And would it work alright with a POD HD? I was considering buying one.
we have a similar set up in our practice space(same brand speakers different model PA) and it works great for our needs(vocals sometimes micing bass and guitars for larger gigs) we use it for practice and take it to gigs in case the PA there sucks or whatever
never used it for recording monitors but multi FX work pretty well with PA systems

they are rugged
i use a 200 watt 6 channel mixer with two 1x10 wedges. i have acquired some extra 12" speakers for better monitoring. it works well enough for vocals and keyboard and the such at small gigs and works as a monitoring system just fine on larger gigs.

so i'd say it'd most likely satisfy your needs.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
For live situations it should be excellent... but for recording, especially at home or rather, in a bedroom studio, they're not going to give you the same clarity as a nice set of true studio monitors would.
Quote by 6505fiz
For live situations it should be excellent... but for recording, especially at home or rather, in a bedroom studio, they're not going to give you the same clarity as a nice set of true studio monitors would.

I was under the impression that PAs were just a larger version of monitors. Will it not sound right at low volumes?

Edit: OK I've decided against it. I'd like to have a PA around, but what I need first is a good set of monitors for recording. Then I'll worry about getting a POD HD and PA system. Thanks for the input everyone!
Last edited by W4RP1G at Apr 10, 2013,
PA bins aren't as accurate as studio monitors. They are like a Kenworth truck compared to a Porsche. Both are very good but they are for different jobs.

These are pretty good for the money.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search.jsp?Ntt=rokit
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 10, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
PA bins aren't as accurate as studio monitors. They are like a Kenworth truck compared to a Porsche. Both are very good but they are for different jobs.

These are pretty good for the money.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search.jsp?Ntt=rokit

I was thinking Rokits too. I'll definitely be getting a set of 8s when GC has another good sale.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Apr 11, 2013,
All serious musos should own some sort of PA though nonetheless. Even if it's just a half decent foldback system. (ermm ... stage monitors)
I had to use my PA as a hifi for a few months and it wasn't pleasant. That was using high quality JBL's too. There's just no definition on a PA. Well, maybe if you were using a bank of Bose 802's or something...... but, you know what I mean.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification