I KNOW MONGOOSE SKATEBOARDS AREN'T GOOD BUT I'M ASKING ABOUT THE WHEELS! I got a Mongoose skateboard (at least 8 years ago). I never really used it so the wheels are in pretty good condition. Now I own a Girl Skateboard (I bought it like in February) and I'm starting to skate seriously. A friend of mine told me the Girl Skateboard's wheels were like medium worn. So it's not like the wheels are really any problem right now. But I decided to try out my old Mongoose board today, and although the board isnt good it did feel smoother when I was cruising. SO MY QUESTION IS: DO YOU THINK I SHOULD PUT MONGOOSE WHEELS ON MY GIRL SKATEBOARD OR JUST USE THE WHEELS ALREADY ON THE GIRL SKATEBOARD?!?!?!?!'

*If i didnt ask the question clearly, just say so in your answer and i will try to clear things up !!!
Save the time and just get some Spitfires.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I do eventually want to buy some wheels but atm i have mongoose wheels on a skateboard and i dont use the mongoose so i was just wondering about the mongoose...
I understand that, but odds are if you're seriously getting into skating, you might as well just bite the bullet now and grab some good wheels.

Mongoose wheels aren't bad but they're not good. They won't last long.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
What you really need is a new banshee.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
What you really need is a new banshee.

The Arbiter likes this
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by stratman_13

Word.

I have a set of red spitfires that have lasted like 3 boards for me (back when I was skating that is..) I've probably had them now for like 12 or 13 years.

In addition to wheels, get some good bearings too. Luckys, Bones, Black Panther.... ABEC 5 or ABEC 7.

And a deck...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Nah. He needs one of those elephants.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
What you really need is to just paint everything red. Red goes faster.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
The mongoose wheels should be fine. But, go with something like Spitfire (or whatever) when you can. You should be alright in the meantime.
Quote by stratman_13

+1

I've had my Spitfires on four decks now, the only piece of hardware thats never changed on any board I've owned
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Nope. If I recall correctly, the wheels that come with those kinds of skateboards are really bad. They are soft and don't roll really well.
I doubt wheels on a mongoose board would be a preferable size. The quality of both the wheels and bearings (if you're using the mongoose bearings that come with their wheels) probably suck, too, to be honest. I've had the same pair of Spitfires forever now and they've been great, so I'd recommend those. Looks like other posters in this thread agree as well.
Go Minnesota Wild!

St. Cloud State University Hockey: Frozen Four 2013!