Quote by DESTROYER5000
as above

What do you mean trim?

Is the block too big to fit in your guitar? If so you can use a band-saw/hack-saw to trim it. I have a feelling this will deff mess with the sustain of the guitar, and not in a good way at all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Its not going to mess with the sustain of the guitar. Why does everybody always assume that every mod will "kill the sustain"? Even if it did, why would 1 second less of sustain even matter?
If it is aluminum you can cut it with just about anything. Steel is going to be harder, and will probably take a while. hack saw or metal bandsaw is your best bet.
If you're looking for a more atheistic option, I believe they do sell different sized blocks for the FR
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I thought you had all of this planned out and you were going to cap the back of the guitar?

I believe the Dragonfire trem has a pot metal black. It's soft stuff. I don't how pot metal does on a grinding wheel, but if you have access to one, that might be the easiest method. Or a belt sander.
Quote by W4RP1G
I thought you had all of this planned out and you were going to cap the back of the guitar?

I believe the Dragonfire trem has a pot metal black. It's soft stuff. I don't how pot metal does on a grinding wheel, but if you have access to one, that might be the easiest method. Or a belt sander.

I'm still working stuff out
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Its not going to mess with the sustain of the guitar. Why does everybody always assume that every mod will "kill the sustain"? Even if it did, why would 1 second less of sustain even matter?
If it is aluminum you can cut it with just about anything. Steel is going to be harder, and will probably take a while. hack saw or metal bandsaw is your best bet.

You get rid of the Trem block mass and sustain does get affected, how much I'm not sure, but it is a valid point reguardless
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Explorerbuilder
I can guarantee NOBODY would be able to tell the difference with 1/4" cut off. People tend to over exaggerate how much things change tone.

I'm not a trem guy. I have 1 trem guitar, so I really don't know the specifics
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Got my dragonfire Floyd rose today and I must say, it is better quality than I expected along with my pickups and stuff so YAYZ