Hi I am restoring an old epiphone explorer and I am trying to replicate that gretsch tv jones kind of twang from it, not sure if anyone knows of a hubucker size pickup that would get this kind of sound as traditional tv jones pickups are slighlty off on sizing?
Cheers someone else mentioned that they have recently started doing standard humbucker sized pickups so thats ideal nothing else I have come accross came close.
The GFS versions are just regular humbuckers with double rows of screw poles and H-style covers. They won't sound anything like the originals.

If you don't want to spring for TV Jones pickups, you may find a boutique builder near you is actually cheaper. The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop also makes some in a humbucker size (no cheaper than TV Jones, though) and Fender have started making some humbucker-sized copies, though they don't seem to be available to buy on their own. If you look for humbucker-sized copies of the Wide Range design, those will also give you the same tone, albeit with a little more output on average.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Cheers yeah checked out a few cheap ones which are just designed for the look rather than the sound, usually go for seymours of bare knuckle but neither have anything quite the same so may have to be the tv jones or just scrap the idea and try out a few different ones, surprised no one else has tried to market humbucker sized gretsch style pickups.
They have; again, lots of boutique pickup makers do them (Bare Knuckle are not the only company of their type, y'know) and the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop makes them. Fender do, just only as stock pickups on certain guitars. I believe Schecter used to use some, no idea if they do now. Of course Gretsch (owned by Fender) make a whole bunch but again, they seem to not be available separately.

Generally the style isn't too popular because the Wide Range design is better-known, in higher demand and for all intents and purposes sounds the same.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.