seems i cant get an straight answer to this question:

Does it damage my HIFI amps/speakers if i connect my Korg Pandora PX3 to it?

I read a lot about blown up speakers due to direct guitar connections/peak loads etc. But how about an effect box? If i can connect my headphone directly to it, why not my pre-amp?

Anyone who knows the answer?
Last edited by nhubbers at Apr 11, 2013,
I play through a HiFi all the time. The PX3 won't damage it. I suppose that you could damage the speakers if you aren't careful with the volume. The better the quality of the hifi the less chance of that happening. Overdriving a cheap stereo amp is brutal on speakers.
Quote by fly135
I play through a HiFi all the time. The PX3 won't damage it. I suppose that you could damage the speakers if you aren't careful with the volume. The better the quality of the hifi the less chance of that happening. Overdriving a cheap stereo amp is brutal on speakers.

I want to play on high quality amps and speaker, I do own a Kustom KGA65 but the fact is , the Pandora over HIFI just sounds (and looks) better in home!
Pre amp: Prototype preamp (dont know the specs) by Kharma
Power Amp: Myryad mp120 Continuous power output 60W per channel
Speakers: Elipson Orphee
You'll be fine. I like to put a mixer in the stereo's tape loop, and plug my multifx into it so I can play along with the music. With a mixer you can also add a mic and another multifx for a friend to play along.