After finding out that the ESP Eclipse-II is practically impossible to acquire as a left-handed model where I live, I downgraded to (what I believe would be) the next best thing: a LTD EC-1000 Deluxe.

I want to use this guitar exclusively for low tunings, mostly drop C. With the right strings and the guitar set up properly, would this be a good choice? How far could I tune it down from let's say drop C before things get ugly?

Also, I'm very much open to suggestions for other models.

Thanks!
As long as you set the guitar up correctly, it should be fine. I tune my EC-1000 down to Drop C on occasion and it works fine.

The only downside is that it's a 24.75'' scale, so the strings might feel a bit 'loose' compared to a guitar with a 25.5'' scale. That might just be because I often switch between the two though, not sure.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Google guitar string tension calculator. You can just use heavier strings that will give roughly the same feel as whatever you'd using in E standard. I'm using ernie ball "not even slinky" (12-56?) in C standard and find them a little loose. Probably would work great on the LTD in D standard or drop C.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If I only played in drop C, I'd probably go for something like 11-58, but I only play in D standard so 11-54 works just fine. I play a Gibson Les Paul and I don't find the scale to be a problem at all, just need thicker strings.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I have my EC 1000 tuned down to B for a while (parkway drive days lol). no issues just use a string calculator to pick the right size strings or you can get a proper setup.
Plus the ESP Eclipse is a waste of money in my opinion. I played them both for a while and find that there is really no difference between them but the look of the guitar.
Quote by DarthV
Google guitar string tension calculator. You can just use heavier strings that will give roughly the same feel as whatever you'd using in E standard. I'm using ernie ball "not even slinky" (12-56?) in C standard and find them a little loose. Probably would work great on the LTD in D standard or drop C.

+1

I kept mine in C Std for a long time. It's in D Std now. It doesn't really matter what you tune to as long as you compensate with proper string tension.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X