So my MIJ guitar came with a gig bag, and not a hard case like the more pricy USA guitars come with.

What's worse is the little leather pads inside the bag were eating away at mah nitro finish.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

So i found the SKB case/bag/thing.

It's rigid and has foam sided, which are wrapped in a gig bag canvas material.

It's lightweight, has plenty of pocket space for a strap and some stuff. We guitarists like our "stuff".

Normally it's $109.99 but GC was blowing them out for $76.

The guitar fits nice, the neck is supported correctly and the headstock has plenty of clearance.

sorry for the crappy phone pics. here's a decent pic.

Anyway, for half the price of a skb hard case i found this to be a decent option.

even if ippon doesn't think so.
Not all expensive US guitars come with decent hard cases.

These hard bag style cases are great though.

**** you Suhr.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That's actually a really nice case. I don't think I'd bother with the hardshell anymore.

HNCD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Tom 1.0

These hard bag style cases are great though.

**** you Suhr.

Really?! Christ I'd be wanting a case with a built-in mini bar for the retail on a Suhr...

EDIT: Oh and congrats on your case thing Greg
these types of cases are decent imo, closer to a hard shell than a bag for sure.

i wouldn't tour with it by any means, but for my uses it's ideal.

Quote by Tom 1.0

**** you Suhr.

my taylor has a similar bag to this. it was around $900 iirc.

yeah if you're going to give a "bag" with a pricy guitar, at least make it one of these.
$3k and all I got was a slightly tougher PRS SE case

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
Thanks, it's quite nice.

how's the protection versus a hard case? that looks like it might be the best of both worlds...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Wesbanez
Really?! Christ I'd be wanting a case with a built-in mini bar for the retail on a Suhr...

EDIT: Oh and congrats on your case thing Greg

Only the Pro Series don't come with hard cases.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Addonexus408
Sweet case, wish i had something like this for my Jackson. And that is one sexy V, is it Korina?

it is korina. it was a limited run from bacchus a couple years ago.

gratuitous centerfold.

Quote by Dave_Mc

how's the protection versus a hard case? that looks like it might be the best of both worlds...

it's very rigid. i'm sure the actual hard shell is moreso but this would hold up to a lot of pressure before collapsing. so for me, who isn't going to be touring with it, it is the best of both worlds. it's fairly lightweight too which is nice.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 12, 2013,
that sounds pretty good, thanks for the info

nice group pic too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice man. I would almost prefer the hybrid case over a hard one. Probably a lot less shock if dropped and just more comfortable to carry in general.

HNCD
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
TBH, I prefer gig bags when gigging. Lightweight and I've never had a problem.

EDIT: That said, I'd never take on my LPs in a gig bag. Don't trust the necks worth a damn.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Did you practice putting it on a banana first?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^ yep, andy dick helped us.

Quote by mmolteratx

EDIT: That said, I'd never take on my LPs in a gig bag. Don't trust the necks worth a damn.

i bet a LP case like this would be ok. the V has the same headstock angle as the LP. 18 degrees.
Quote by gregs1020
thanks!

that's all i got aside my taylor acoustic.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?