I'm looking for a pedal that functions as a wah pedal as well as a pitch shifter, does anyone know if this exists?

Thanks
George
i guess an octave shifter is like a pitch bender?

my HOG does that, i think older versions of the XP-100 (like the whammy wah) did that too.

most multi-effects will have both of those options onboard as well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
hmm, Digitech Whammy is my first thought but i don't know if it wah's too
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Look to a MultiFX processor. I might be wrong, but I've never heard of a pedal that does both. You could try hooking up a wah pedal and a whammy and see where that gets you; hope you have good balance.

I know I've tried the two at the same time on my Vetta II and I believe the wah was barely noticeable. Could've been how I had it setup though....

Edit: The wah was more noticeable when the whammy was on a lower octave rather than the higher pitches.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 11, 2013,
A simple solution would involve a Whammy pedal a Wah Pedal and some bits of wood...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more

it's even called a whammy-wah. they don't make them anymore, but like i said the hog also does the same thing. but they don't make that anymore either (new version is supposed to be coming out). these pedals can just do one of those effects at a time though. (btw i am sure there is more pedals that can do this).

but as also mentioned, just about any multi-effects unit can do this and they can do it at the same time

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Apr 11, 2013,
Just get an expression pedal and a wah, stand on both at the same time and act like you're humping the guitar. Should work a treat.

You could have a look at making one... Cannibalize a wah pedal so it can be used with an expression pedal maybe?
Silverburst
Quote by Insanity ninja
Just get an expression pedal and a wah, stand on both at the same time and act like you're humping the guitar. Should work a treat.

You could have a look at making one... Cannibalize a wah pedal so it can be used with an expression pedal maybe?

i am actually looking at making my wah into volume/wah/expression pedal. basic design would be one input and 4 outputs.
output 1: Wah
output 2: volume
output 3: expression
output 4: expression

i want it to be able to do expression outputs at the same time as using the volume or wah. tbh it is still just an idea, i haven't gotten around to doing all the detail yet. doesn't seem like it'd be too hard though.

-ae
On the Line 6 M series you can assign the expression pedal to multiple fx, so I imagine you could turn on both wah and pitch shifter, set your upper and lower variable limits and go to town if that's the effect you want.

Edit: and it has a kick ass harmonizer...combined with wah, that might be worth checking out...hmmm
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Last edited by dkunick at Apr 11, 2013,
^You certainly can. Same goes for Line 6 HD units, if you do some deep patch editing on a computer.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Digitech Whammy DT
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Whammy is not a wah in the least...
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by MrFlibble
^You certainly can. Same goes for Line 6 HD units, if you do some deep patch editing on a computer.

You can do that editing straight from the unit.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣