Poll: can women sense the beta in you?
Poll Options
View poll results: can women sense the beta in you?
yes women can sense the beta
29 25%
if you're convincing convincing & confident enough, you have have a woman believing all your BS
18 16%
how about stop pretending to be an alpha, and BE an alpha male dumbass
35 30%
women are dumb so no
15 13%
not all women want alpha males. sometimes they want a beta they can walk all over
8 7%
the only thing you better have soft for a chick is cupcake batter so she can make you a treat to eat
10 9%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 8
if you're a good actor, how long can you realistically pretend to be an alpha male?

my beta tendencies are starting to seep through my hard-man shell, don't know how long I can keep up the act bros

if she catches me peeing sitting down its a wrap
Last edited by revo_9 at Apr 11, 2013,
pls stahp

Seriously, please stop applying terms used for wolves (and incorrectly at that) to human sociology.

It's gross and something only PUAs and MRAs do. I realize there's a considerable overlap between the two groups.
nobody nobody nobody know how much I love the maiden as I tear off her clothes

- michael hurley
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Apr 11, 2013,
im actually pretty alpha, even with my social phobia
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I don't think you understand that women don't all follow the binary of Alpha/Beta males. You can't divide it into two choices where one will succeed. If you aren't interesting and compatible with her then it won't work. Doesn't mean shit if you're alpha or not.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
how about stop pretending to be an alpha, and BE an alpha male dumbass

If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Some dude tried telling me he was alpha as ****, I punched him in the dick grabbed him by the ball sack and dragged him 40 feet down the street. Honestly you shouldn't be worried about your girl thinking you are alpha or not, and just be you, odds are she will like you more and you will both be happy. And if you think you are too "beta" hook up with Metasponge's buddy, get some roids and testosterone pills and chemically make yourself a man.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Here's the thing. It's not about alpha or beta. It's about acting like a man. A man doesn't need to prove he's "alpha". His actions do so for him.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's the thing. It's not about alpha or beta. It's about acting like a man. A man doesn't need to prove he's "alpha". His actions do so for him.

That's essentially an older version of the same dumb concept. That you have to mold your actions and inner psyche to a very specific construct otherwise you are inferior. Screw all of that "be a man" nonsense, it's just as worthless as this alpha/beta internet loserspeak.
take a ton of beta blockers, everything will be fine
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I didn't realize UG turned into BB
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
why the **** would you sit down
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Okay TS, I'm actually a qualified gender sociologist, so I guess you could say this is kind of my area. What you're experiencing is fairly common among the subjects I question in my research, and in fact almost everyone that meets a particular set of criteria exhibits the same concerns, and the effects on their life are the same. The criterion in question is what we've called the "irritating twat" trait. Stop being an irritating twat and all your problems will cease.
Women can't sense Beta. They can sense Alpha, or a lack of Alpha.

Also, women want men who understand them, not ones that act like them. Your insecurity isn't exactly what women look for in a man, you know?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's essentially an older version of the same dumb concept. That you have to mold your actions and inner psyche to a very specific construct otherwise you are inferior. Screw all of that "be a man" nonsense, it's just as worthless as this alpha/beta internet loserspeak.

And how is it untrue?

Consider the following. What do women want in a man? Ask most women, and their answers will vary. However, one thing that will probably be consistent is a man who "takes care of his responsibilities". So, by saying "a man shows he is a man by his actions", you could easily say that human males who take care of the responsibilities they have are "being men".
Just face it, TS, you will never be appropriately manly.
Imagine the two most manly things in the universe, and then combine them. What do you have?

Manliness². Just give up.
I'm a woman and I can practically smell from a mile away the douchiness of a guy who measures others and himself on the alpha/beta scale. Stahp.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
TS, all these other posters are knobs. What you gotta do is figure out the true alpha of your social group. Then, after he takes a shit and a piss, you need to eat the shit and drink the piss. That will transfer his alpha to you.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And how is it untrue?

Consider the following. What do women want in a man? Ask most women, and their answers will vary. However, one thing that will probably be consistent is a man who "takes care of his responsibilities". So, by saying "a man shows he is a man by his actions", you could easily say that human males who take care of the responsibilities they have are "being men".

Being responsible isn't "being a man." It's "being responsible," and it's a trait both women and men look for in a partner.
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by Do Re Mi
Being responsible isn't "being a man." It's "being responsible," and it's a trait both women and men look for in a partner.

Yeah, but subtle misogyny is a trait of manliness, so here we once again see Sam being the perfect example of Man.
Quote by Holy Katana
pls stahp

Seriously, please stop applying terms used for wolves (and incorrectly at that) to human sociology.

It's gross and something only PUAs and MRAs do. I realize there's a considerable overlap between the two groups.

i feel like this post was lost on many because of the acronyms. but i agree.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Wow, this guy sounds like he is genuinely asking for help and your all feeding him lies. "Just be yourself" is the worst thing you could tell a young man, especially since we teach all our men these days to be pussys and never fight or argue. You know what women want? The same thing men want, our opposites.

Women want a man that is decisive, non-feminine, confident, and fearless (they usually judge this by how you talk to them, if you stumble over your words or have a hard time talking to any women in the room, they will think your a coward).

This is no different than what men want, we just want the opposite, we want honest, sweet, and beautiful women. We don't want girls who are pushy, bossy, over confident, or too macho (major turn off that hipster women don't seem to get).

So how do you look like this to a woman? Simple, don't ever second guess yourself, look everyone in the eye when they look at you (man or woman), and be fearless when your having fun. Try to say yes to everything when your around girls, whats the worse that could happen? You might actually end up enjoying yourself with them and possibly even hooking up.

Just have fun and be confident, the women will follow, they are programmed to follow men they find intriguing.

But if you can't find some confidence, no one can help you but you.
Oh, you again.
Well, between this and your last thread, it's safe to say that you're fucked. Even worse, you're only figuratively fucked.

Quote by Holy Katana
pls stahp

This, all of this. Considering how he's going on about women "sensing the beta in you", I think he literally wants to stick his dick in a dog.

Why did TS even register on a guitar forum, anyway? Only explanation that makes sense is that Ian referred him here.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Apr 11, 2013,
There are no creatures more pathetic and piteous than those who are desperate to meet the standards of others.

The aspirational alpha has succeeded, to some extent, to mold his outward appearance to conform to a construct of "manliness". However, such characters are plagued by insecurity, and demand validation through others. How disgustingly reliant, how frail.

Notice how all aspirational alphas do not stop needing the validation and approval of others, they merely switch from attaining validation from women to attaining it from men. It's laughable, they way they debate among themselves who is and isn't alpha.

Those in the PUA derive self worth from the number of women they can fuck. Rather than even this being the goal, it is the approval of other men they seek through such action.

It's clear that those that seriously entertain the concepts of being "alpha" or "beta" are hopelessly crippled individuals who are beyond any repair.
^ betafag detected
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.