Hi, I'm curious as to wether its a good idea to use phosphor bronze strings on an electric guitar. I'm pretty sure they are made for acoustics, but is it really that bad to use them on an electric ? Will bending be more difficult or will the strings be more likely to snap if bent ?
No, the pickups won't react with that metal very well. First hand experience here kjsfhlisd
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Yeah there's no problem with the signal, it sounds just like with my old steel strings. The difference though is the tension, it might just be me being paranoid but I feel like if I bend as hard as I used to the string will snap again (only my high e string is phosphor bronze, the rest are all steel strings). When I hold the strings near the pick ups and shake them, the phosphor bronze one feels like its resisting more, just my imagination or is that a bad thing ?
I bend a full step - even on acoustic strings. As long as your guitar is set up right and there aren't any sharp burrs, you shouldn't be snapping strings on bends.

Did you put 12s on your electric? If so, how's the action and truss rod?
So your high E string is an acoustic guitar string? What gauge are your other strings? Usually acoustic strings are a bit thicker than electric strings. I would just buy a full set of electric strings and replace all strings at once.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
It's the winding that's phosphor bronze. This is an unwound string. It's probably just a heavier gauge than you're used to. Check the pack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I got :
Phosphor bronze string: Diameter : .30 mm (0.12 inches), Tension: 23.3Lbs
Steel string: Diameter : .25 mmTension at pitch: 16.2 Lbs

There is about +7 Lbs in difference in tension, +0.05 mm in diameter (in favor of the acoustic string).

I don't know how bad that is, I can probably get used to playing it but I don't wanna snap it and waste a string. I didn't do anything with the action, should I reduce it ?

Bending a full step on the first half of the fretboard seems ok, but past the 12th fret I need to bend much more to get that full step, I feel more tension then, but there is no noise coming from the tuning keys or any trembling, it just gives me the impression that its threatening to snap in my face ^^