Quote by Lavatain
Anything Metallica?

^ this. Specifically try Harvester of Sorrow, Eye of the Beholder, Fade to Black, Orion, The Call of Ktulu the first 2 of Welcome Home (Sanitarium), the first one in Master of Puppets

Those are the first couple non-beginner solos I learned.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Lol Yeah Friedman is insane, I'll try my hand at some more Mustaine solos, thanks.
The first two solos in Fade to Black are great places to start. Also Welcome Home (sanitarium), and the first solo in Master of Puppets. I would stay away from most of Hammet's solos in general once you start to get better. Same with Mustaine and Slayer stuff. I learned all that kind of stuff when I first started being able to play fast and it really ****ed up my playing. The reason is a lot of it is really just fast wanking. There's not much skill involved in double picking a bunch of notes. The friedman stuff is super quality though, but very advanced. The final solo in Fade to Black is actually a pretty good one though. The tapping in one is pretty valuable too for learning how to do that kind of stuff.
Quote by SourFlow
The first two solos in Fade to Black are great places to start. Also Welcome Home (sanitarium), and the first solo in Master of Puppets. I would stay away from most of Hammet's solos in general once you start to get better. Same with Mustaine and Slayer stuff. I learned all that kind of stuff when I first started being able to play fast and it really ****ed up my playing. The reason is a lot of it is really just fast wanking. There's not much skill involved in double picking a bunch of notes. The friedman stuff is super quality though, but very advanced. The final solo in Fade to Black is actually a pretty good one though. The tapping in one is pretty valuable too for learning how to do that kind of stuff.

I find this post extremely opinionated, and frankly, full of nonsense.

Guitar playing does not have to be technical nor complicated to be good music. Hammet, Mustaine, and Kerry King have all written some highly memorable licks, riffs, and solos that to some degree have largely shaped metal as a genre. Show some respect.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
I can play some mustaine stuff, and a little of Kirk hammets. (I'm not too into Kirk hammet though) I've looked at some of friedmans and... lets just say it'll be a while before I try those lol.
Quote by KailM
I find this post extremely opinionated, and frankly, full of nonsense.

Guitar playing does not have to be technical nor complicated to be good music. Hammet, Mustaine, and Kerry King have all written some highly memorable licks, riffs, and solos that to some degree have largely shaped metal as a genre. Show some respect.

Preach it, brother.