I played as a kid (from about '04-'09, then played every once in a while as I focused on other things like school...and video games and sports), but I really want to get back into it. I have 3 guitars at home (Yamaha EG112? strat copy, ESP LTD H-250, and my Gibson Les Paul Studio faded brown, worn brown, whatever they called that), so I'm not looking for a top of the line guitar. I'm looking for something more in the range of $100-$300 (the cheaper the better?) while maximizing quality.

For a while now I've kind of wanted a Telecaster, so a Tele body is preferred but I'm flexible. I've been checking Craiglist and Ebay, found a couple on Craiglist that interested me so I shot them e-mails. I'm also looking into RondoMusic.com guitars, and may end up going for an Agile LP or one of the cheaper SX Furrians.

I'm going to school in the Chicago area and my home is 10,000 miles away and I didn't bring any of my guitars to save space, so that's why I need to buy one. I miss it too much...

Any advice/input/thoughts?
GO YANKEES!
A Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster (new or used) is hard to beat in your budget.
If you're set on a traditional tele, then either the Squier or a used Mexican-made Fender Telecaster would be ideal.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Ibanez ART300

This is what I got, cost me about £280.

It looks better IRL than it does on photos.

Can't compare sound to much because its my first and only electric.

Downside that I really don't like about it is its weight, with it being a tradition Les Paul cutout what was I expecting though I guess.

Can you expand your range a little bit?

If so, I'd recommend one of these:

http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DV/DVT52/index.html

Not sure if there's a dealer in Chicago, but if there is, they're very well-made copies. List price is usually twice what the owners charge, too, so it should be if you can expand your range. I own a discontinued version of this, and it's a great tele copy. Very good bargain.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
It depends on what kind of music you want to play, too. Squier has quite a few options in that range. Do you have an amp or something to play through (computer programs or the like)?
OffsetOffset
why not just rock the les paul studio? they're pretty good
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Quote by aaroncaper
why not just rock the les paul studio? they're pretty good

In the post he says the LP is at home... 10,000 miles away.

If you've already got an LP at home, I'd get something a little different, again, depending on what you listen to/what you're using. The Agile is nice, but you've already got that style in your arsenal. That's not a bad thing if you have a collection already, but perhaps getting something a little different will inspire you a little differently.
OffsetOffset
If your looking for a tele check guitar center used. Another option if squire. The vintage modifieds and the classic vibes sound just as good as mim fenders. And if you like it (I know I do) you can get a deluxe for a pretty good price. Just sand the headstock and nobody will know the difference
I decided since this is probably the guitar I'll have to play until summer 2014 when my family moves back from Asia, I'm going to go with a LP style and try out an Agile.

Any advice on AL-2000 vs 3000? Is it worth another $50-$75? Keep in mind I literally have 0 source of income right now and will have to probably buy one of those cool Vox headphone amps.

EDIT: But still checking on CL and eBay obsessively trying to find a good deal on really anything, just want a guitar at this point, but tempted to try out Agile.
GO YANKEES!
Last edited by Yanks4Life92 at Apr 13, 2013,
How about a low end LTD EC? les Paul style ans start really cheap. Great bang for your buck aswell.
Look for a used CV VM Tele, or a Used G&L Tribute ASAT. I would rather have the G&L, they are really good for the price.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look for a used CV VM Tele, or a Used G&L Tribute ASAT. I would rather have the G&L, they are really good for the price.

Briefly looked around, couldn't find too much that really fit in my price range. But I've heard good things about both of these guitars, and will continue to look! Thanks for the input.

Re: LTD EC series guitars. When I bought my Gibson, an EC-1000 was the runner-up. Has anybody played the lower ECs as well as Agile's and have a good comparison?
GO YANKEES!
Update: Found a Fender Highway One Telecaster for under $450 on Craigslist. I think I'm going to spend the extra $150 and buy this... that way when my family moves back I'm not stuck with 2 LP style guitars.
GO YANKEES!
USA Tele for $450 not a bad deal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate