So I saw this and thought it was interesting. I decided I would install this on my own guitar.

HERE is the video of a modded guitar with a MIDI pad and effects.

HERE is the site to buy MOD boards.

My question is: How would I wire a MIDI pad to a set of MOD boards? I was thinking maybe I could hook the midi pad up to a MIDI transmitter and have mod boards set up receivers? Would really appreciate some help on how he got this to work and what wiring he did.
I'm pretty sure these MIDI pads only output a midi signal, not audio. The Modboards are not MIDI boards, they take audio from the pickups - they're basically an effect pedal.

The MIDI pad is just a 2 axis controller, and needs to interface with something like a DAW, rack synth, Kaos Pad etc...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
I'm pretty sure these MIDI pads only output a midi signal, not audio.
I have a MIDI pad in my guitar, this is correct.
Oh ok Ill just install the modboard then. Thanks.

Quote by minieme007
I have a MIDI pad in my guitar, this is correct.

So then, what would a midi pad in a guitar do?
Quote by hopefor2013
So then, what would a midi pad in a guitar do?

So the MIDI pad is just a device for sending MIDI signals out to whatever device has MIDI input capabilities. If we take Matt Bellamy for example, he has a similar XY MIDI pad built into his Manson guitars. He then takes the MIDI output of this pad into a Kaoss Pad 2 (I believe), which performs the actual effect processing, sound outputting etc.

The XY pad on the guitar does no modulation or funky stuff itself - it just outputs a MIDI signal. This can be sent to any synthesizer, computer, or whatever it is that accepts a midi signal. The pad is useless without something to take that MIDI signal and do something with it.

Hope that helps!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
It does thanks. I don't have any midi equipment and I don't really feel the need to so I won't mess with a midi pad. Thanks.