I'm ordering a flight case for my Marshall 1959SLP head as my band will be touring around soon, but my measurements don't match any of the measurements I've found online. As I will be ordering the case online from overseas (it's around half the price of getting one made locally) I will need perfect measurements, as they take custom measurements and add on 1mm for good fit.

If anyone has a Marshall 1959SLP and has their own measurements, feel free to post them as that will be handy to compare to.

My measurements are: 743mm x 306mm x 213mm... for the height (306) I included the handle and the feet.

Measurements from Marshall website state: 750 x 260 x 210

and I've seen many other varying dimensions... which makes me wonder if I'm either totally crap at using a ruler or all of these other measurements are half-guesses.
I can't help you there with that amp, but it is true that most people either don't know how to use a ruler or just round up to the nearest round number when they take measurements... I was asking for the dimensions for a 1965B cab and I would get the width anywhere from 58cm (!) to 67cm...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
free bump day

I don't have a Marshall but I believe my Splawn headshell is exactly the same. The reason I believe that is because Scott Splawn makes (or used to make) replacement headshells for Marshalls and his amps use the same config.

However, (no expert here) I don't think it is going to matter all that much if it is off by a few centimeters here or there. It is not like it is going to slam into the foam and break.

You'd have to convert yourself but here are mine:

Length: 28 3/4" (29 inches to be safe)
Height: 12 1/4"
Depth: 8 1/2"
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 13, 2013,
Just take good measurements yourself and you will be fine. You're the one with the amp sitting in front of your ruler, remember.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000