Hello, i am looking for a new humbucker for my guitar, i am looking for something i can coil tap.
So the theme i am looking for here is versatility, i use a pod to practice at home, but i play in alot of different venues and i use the amp that is availabe there, if i have to plug directly into the PA i will usually use a POD to do so...

i am looking for something that can deliver a strong and heavy distortion with enough sustain for slow solos but at the same time i also need something that can give me a smooth and non harsh clean sound when i need it...

I am not interested in buying a new amp, i dont have a means to transport it from venue to venue so please focus on the pickups. Thanks in advanced.

*My guitar has a strat type body

PS. I am sorry for my bad english, it is not my first language
I just want to verify. Do you mean coil split? Coil Tapping just refers to the lowering of output from a humbucker to try and emulate a single coil sound. Coil Splitting actually turns it from a bucker to a single.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
What exact specs does your guitar have?

Pickup configuration?
Body and neck woods?
Bridge type?

Also, what kind of tones are you specifically after?
Name some bands, artists, whatever.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Actually, a coil tap is something you do to a single coil. In theory you could coil tap a humbucker, but there aren't any production humbuckers amde for this purpose. It'd have to be a custom build.

You almost certainly mean coil split, because if you were sure you needed a humbucker with a tap wire, you wouldn't be asking here and you'd just be going straight to a custom winder.

Anyway.

Nobody can suggest a pickup unless we know exactly what guitar it is you are using. You also need to bear in mind that when using a POD, your pickup has little effect on your tone. You can put a Telecaster in through a POD and get a heavy metal tone out of it and you can put active humbuckers through a POD and get a country-blues tone.
Additionally, sustain has nothing to do with what pickup you have. Sustain is down to the construction of the guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.