So i realized that there is some actual money in teaching guitar, i've been playing for 15 years and this is something i could def do. problem is that i'm from boston and berklee college of music breeds too many music teachers. I was thinking NYC would be the same because of julliard but then i realized it might not matter cause the big apple is so big. i dont have a degree in music which could also matter in NYC. ive been to arizona and texas and onestly i cant get used o the dry heat. any ideas?
That's an odd question.

I'd say look for a city with a high concentration of people. More people = more potential students.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
yes it is odd. but its extremely difficult to get lots of clients in boston. every other telephone pole you walk by in the city has an ad for music lessons on it. no joke.
Quote by gambit1983
yes it is odd. but its extremely difficult to get lots of clients in boston. every other telephone pole you walk by in the city has an ad for music lessons on it. no joke.

Dam, man. That sucks. Maybe you'll actually have to grow-up and get a real job. Or worse yet, go to school.
nice i guess the douche bags are on tonight. i have a real job and i did go to school.
Quote by gambit1983

Which makes sense. I'd imagine NYC would be tougher will all those jazz players. I already have a hard time as it is here in BC as a jazz studies major in "the" jazz school around here.

If you can compete with jazz musicians and you're willing to travel to Canada then Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver would be good places to teach.
You might want to look into a city that has enough of music scene, but not so much a city like you said boston, or here in Orlando, it's flooded. If you're good enough, you'll stand out which will typically brings clientele. but in a city with a shit-ton of musicians and teachers, it might be harder to stand out. I'd look into the midwest, which it's city's have plenty of musicians. Ohio, Michigan, Penn, etc
Oh ive got a guitar lesson for you. it involves going up and down the neck all day long.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It doesn't matter where you teach, just that you have sufficient population, decent skill, and are willing to undercut the majority of other teachers
Probably some sort of drug-induced state.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Come to Australia.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Where ever you go, don't come to Croydon.

That's my turf.

If I see posters up that aren't mine but undercut me, I will tare them down.

I'm kidding.
make a fake ad on craigslist/kijiji for a bunch of cities and see how many replies you get, also see how many other ads are there for the same thing
Quote by gambit1983
i'm from boston

HEEELLL YYEEEEHHH BOSTON REPRESENT

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana