Got a seated ticket to go see Sabbath in Glasgow. I wanted standing.
Have you been in this situation before if so what did you do about it?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
You should take a gun to the gig and demand standing tickets
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I've never been in this situation because I always buy the tickets I want, not click the first thing that appears like some ADD riddled chimp
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I think it depends how close the seats are to the stage. How close would you be with a standing ticket? I had real nice seats for a Reel Big Fish concert before, and although I first thought it would be boring because I wouldn't be moving around, it ended up being pretty nice.
My dad heard and wanted to go and said he would order the tickets
This situation is not my fault.
Quote by paul1991
My dad heard and wanted to go and said he would order the tickets
This situation is not my fault.

So daddy paid for it?

You know the best thing to do? Shut the **** up and be grateful you've got tickets in the first place.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
So daddy paid for it?

You know the best thing to do? Shut the **** up and be grateful you've got tickets in the first place.

this
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
There's nothing you can do so be grateful that you're even going.

(I'm seeing them soon aw yeah)
West Ham United
Quote by metacarpi
So daddy paid for it?

Seconded.

You got tickets to one of the biggest bands in history. Man the **** up and stop whining and be thankful you actually got some tickets.

Don't be a spoilt brat and don't tell your dad. He was doing a nice thing for you.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Apr 12, 2013,
Not to be a dick TS but you kinda had this coming, please don't bring this up to your father. I'm sure those tickets cost a pretty penny so be grateful.
What do you do about it? Sit down.
Also be thankful you didn't have to pay for the tickets yourself/don't mention this to your dad.

Usually standing is considered General Admission, so you can probably just walk into that area once you get inside the venue.
Sit with your dad and be a good son, or get someone else to sit with your dad so you can stand, thats what I've done for the Belfast gig
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Just because they are seated seats doesn't mean you have to sit. I seen rush on their snakes and arrows tour and had seated tickets towards the front and no one was sitting down.
get there, sit down. when the show starts, look at the people behind you. if they're stand, it's ok for you to stand. If they're sitting, sit down and shut up
Quote by daytripper75
Usually standing is considered General Admission, so you can probably just walk into that area once you get inside the venue.

Don't know about the venue he's going to, but at the SECC and O2 Academy (the only Glasgow venues I've been to with seats) they had separate entrances (O2 was upstairs for seated) with staff at each one checking tickets, usually with a barcode scanner. Wrong section and they send you to the right one.

I've only seen "general admission" tickets for standing only venues or for smaller gigs where the seats weren't in a completely different area (like the Picture House in Edinburgh).

Still, you usually can stand in the seated section; if most people are doing it, the staff don't care. Saves you getting trampled and lets you have a seat between bands, so it isn't all that bad really.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by metacarpi
So daddy paid for it?

/thread

Also get a couple joint to share with him since he bought the tickets.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
This happened to me once when I accidentally bought a seating ticket instead of standing. For me though I had a friend and his girlfriend going who both had standing tickets and when the opening act finished my friend got his and his girlfriends ticket and met me in the toilets and gave me one of the standing tickets. Then we both walked back down to the barrier separating the seats from the standing area and showed the security guard the tickets and because they both said standing he let us climb over the barrier into the standing area.
Last edited by DardySon at Apr 13, 2013,
Only because he wants standing places it doesn't mean that he's not grateful to his dad. I'm sure he appreciates it anyway. It's an easy problem to solve dude, especially if you got some good seats.

-Advertise on local Sabbath forum on the Internet
-Other trading websites you got in your country
-Easiest and 99% effecient way is to yell "2 seats in exchange for 2 general admission tickets" during the queue for the show. If you're shy, bring a sign with you.

If your dad wants to sit and you only want to change one ticket, it's going to be harder because most people want to sit next to their buddies. But still possible.
Quote by metacarpi
So daddy paid for it?

+3 or whatever its up to.

Fuck man, be grateful and not a fucking whiney little bitch about it.
If someone bought me Sabbath tickets, I would be happy if it was in the nosebleed section.

I bet you fucking whined when you got a white iPhone instead of the blue one for your birthday.

If I was your dad and found out about your "displeasure", I would leave your bitch ass at home and take a hooker. Or someone with good weed.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 13, 2013,