Hey Guys!
Been in quite the weird playing mood as of late-Usually Im way more into the metal spectrum of things,but as of late its been more classic rock,and Blues-ish stuff(think Lincoln brewster)
I have wanted something different then my Ec-1000 so I can have to great guitars that I can use for different styles and such
So...I was at guitar center going through my rounds,and figured Id check some gibson's out.None of them felt right.I kept handing them back after 5 mintues or so,I just cant get acquainted with them.So the Employee said try this Strat,as he hands me a AMerican special SSS strat(Liked the texas specials alot).Didnt put it down for at least a hour.I played a Special,Standard,and a standard MIM too.All of them felt great,but the Mim was my least favorite
I have been researching online at the different models and forums and people have been saying that A higher end Mim is better than a Lower end Mia-I dont want to spend that much,Id prefer to stay under 800$.
So what are your guy's feelings?Will a Deluxe PLayer/Roadhouse Mim or a Classic series(any of them) Mim play or Road worn(Amazon and sam ash are closing out the RW Player strats for 599) give more bang for the buck over a American special/Used standard?
Current gear in sig below,Location york pa/harrisburg pa
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
That's not true. If you want a good Strat for the price you get an American Special. End of.
Get whatever feels and sounds best to you.

Every time I get to try out a couple of Strats in a store I almost always get stuck at the American Specials (I actually own one), Road Worns and Road Worn Players, but that doesn't mean they are the best Strats for everyone out there.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I've personally never found an MIM Fender I liked. I've found the higher-end Squiers to be better than the higher-end MIMs, pretty much all the MIAs to be better than either, and the MIJs to be the best of the lot. That's just my experience, though, and based on my preferences.

Either way, if you didn't like the MIM, I don't see how it matter whether other people say it's better.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I havent played the special but, The 2012 Mia Standard Strat is a really good guitar.

The Fat 50s are really awsome and it plays superb!

And this comes from a guy who only played Us PRS guitars
Id prefer to stay under 800$.

Lots of interesting "Strat"/"Fat Strat" options in that price range: if youre handy, Carvin Bolt kits are under $600 (with some of the in stock Bolts under $900); used Godin Velocity guitars are under $500 (the remaining new ones are under $900) and new Sessions, Freeways and Progressions are also in your price range; I've seen sales of Fret-King Supra 60HBs under $800, even including import costs to the USA.

Carvin
http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/group.php?cid=SB&dir=R&sort=price
http://www.carvinguitars.com/kits/

Godin
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Godin+velocity&src=Godin+velocity
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PBUSBMTBK/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FreewaySABK/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PBUSBRNAT/

Fret-King
http://www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p1629_Fret-King_Super_60_HB_-_Ice_White.html
http://www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p1628_Fret-King_Super_60_HB_-_OVB.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 13, 2013,
Just like to add that I'm also happy with my Godin Velocity (although I nabbed a new one for £500!)
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
the mexi strats have different pickups so they don't usually sound exactly like the American ones. pups are an easy fix so perhaps should factor in slightly less than feel and comfort. the American specials are really just US made mexi strats with slightly better pups n hardware. the few I've tried didn't really impress me. i'd go with a used American standard over a new special any day. as for mexi strats well you really have to play a few and find the one that really is good. played a few that were better than any of the American strats that the store had on hand at the time. granted in the long run the US strats usually come out ahead.
The roadworns are really cool but make SURE you play them first. I'm not sure if you're aware but they don't have c shaped necks. I know the 50s has a soft v. I played it at one time and was going to buy it until I felt that neck
MIMs come with a 6-point fulcrum tremolo bridge, and will therefore always be inferior to the MIA which has the much more stable, much smoother, much better 2-point system.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whatever you like the feel of. I have an MIM and I've liked it better than my friend's deluxe strat since I upgraded most of the parts.
Quote by Acϵ♠
MIMs come with a 6-point fulcrum tremolo bridge, and will therefore always be inferior to the MIA which has the much more stable, much smoother, much better 2-point system.

There are US-made Strats with 6-point systems as well as MIM-Strats with 2-point systems actually.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Acϵ♠

That is totally your opinion. If I want the 'strat' sound I'd have the six point with 5 springs to bring the bridge flush on the body. Just my opinion though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
That is totally your opinion. If I want the 'strat' sound I'd have the six point with 5 springs to bring the bridge flush on the body. Just my opinion though.

It's my opinion that a 2-point is more stable than a 6-point? No, im pretty sure physics declare that to be a fact. When was the last time you saw a high end ($1500+) guitar with a 6-point wilkinson?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's definitely a fact that a 2-point tremolo is more stable than a 6-point. Of course, tone is a completely different matter.
Quote by Acϵ♠
It's my opinion that a 2-point is more stable than a 6-point? No, im pretty sure physics declare that to be a fact. When was the last time you saw a high end ($1500+) guitar with a 6-point trem?

Anytime I look into the Fender Customshop Reissues for example.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Well I see a lot of good options here!A lot of discussion's on 2 or 6 point trem's and it seems like the 2 point is of higher quality.I think this guitar seems nice, Sorry I'm on my iPad or I'd link,it's the Fender Classic Player 50's strat.2 point trem,gotoh locking tuners,57\62 pickups and designed by that custom shop luthier.What you guys think?
Guitars:
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
The biggest issue with the CP 50s is the V-shape neck. Some people can't live without it, other people absolutely hate it. Few people are in the middle. You've absolutely got to try one before you buy it.

As for the general MIM and MIA subject, the American guitars are better, period. You can put whatever hardware and electronics you want in a MIM, it will still have cheaper wood and a thicker finish. That's not to say MIM Fenders are bad by any means, but there are fundamental differences between the two lines that can't be changed.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

As for the general MIM and MIA subject, the American guitars are better, period. You can put whatever hardware and electronics you want in a MIM, it will still have cheaper wood and a thicker finish. That's not to say MIM Fenders are bad by any means, but there are fundamental differences between the two lines that can't be changed.

This.

You can buy a posh Kia and pretend to be driving a Mercedes, but only a Mercedes is a Mercedes.

Das Beste Oder Nichts
DEFINITELY a difference between mim and mia. however, the japanese models coming in around the 550-750 price range close teh gap significantly. tehy are so close that will some personal appointments like pickup sawp etc, im not sure there is much of a difference aside from resale value.

on saturday i played a 550 dollar strat and a 1250 dollar start USA with some custom appointments (wiring, LSP nut etc)...i like the japanese better.

if i was buying a strat i would never buy USA. not worth it IMO. cant tell by sound or by quality that they are better. i can pick up 10 japans and 10 USAs and 8 out of 10 times i will probably pick japan or be neutral when you factor in price.

....not the biggest strat guy, but IMO USA strats are a huge rip. i say this now cause i am considering buying a strat.

G&L USA commaches and legacys are another story. worth it.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Does fender even make japan strats anymore?All I see is MIM and MiA on MF,GC and such
Guitars:
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Not regular models. Most of the Japanese line is exclusive to Japan. The only MIJ Fenders that make it to the west are the Pawn Shop series and a small number of other oddball, random models. Same goes for their MIK guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.