4 8%
Ignore the call
8 15%
Answer and leave the class
31 60%
whoomit
9 17%
Voters: 52.
....if you know the call is possibly important, such as from a possible employer?

Is it better to let it ring out on silent and apologize later, to press ignore and apologize later, or take the call and walk out of the class for a short time? I'd imagine

And what do you do if you can't walk out of the class?

googled it and not much came up.

poll incoming.
Take the call and walk out.

Assuming you're in a university, this isn't an issue. If it's high school, it STILL shouldn't be an issue. I've walked out of many classes in high school (to come back, of course).
If it's important then I just walk out of the lecture/seminar, saying sorry in the latter. As long as you're descreet about it then the only person whose education is suffering is you.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Most professors I've had would be cool with you walking out if it's important.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by whywefight
i'm in uni but i decided to make it relevant to both high school and university. and what if it's during a test or something?

Well if your phone even rings during a test at uni then there's going to be an inquiry, so I would highly advice you don't go anywhere near it. If you take the phone out of your pocket then you'll probably have your paper voided.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by whywefight
i'm in uni but i decided to make it relevant to both high school and university. and what if it's during a test or something?

Then just let it ring out and call back as soon as possible
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
just walk out. no one will question you. if someone does be like "i gotta shit real bad"

if it's during a test, call back later.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Todd Hart
If it's important then I just walk out of the lecture/seminar, saying sorry in the latter. As long as you're descreet about it then the only person whose education is suffering is you.

This.
Record a message:
I can't take your call right now as I'm in class. Please leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as possible * ya mother fucker.

If it's a possible employer they'll be impressed with your planning ahead(ness).
* = optional.
Take the call in the middle of the class. Speak loudly and tell the teacher to shut up if necessary.
Why not let the person teaching know beforehand that you may get an important phone call?

Thats what normally happens where I am.
Uni: most of my lectures are so big that none of the profs will care if you need to take a call. it's your fault if you miss a few minutes and have no idea what's going on later.

School/smaller lectures: if it is an important call no probs

Tests: I don't even have my phone on me during tests and it's always on silent. Actually I did miss a very important call a few days ago from a potential employer because I was taking a test but I just called them back a few hours later. If your position isn't 100% replaceable they will like that you called them back.

also when you call back don't be like "I received a call from this number" etc. be proactive and don't wait for them to give you the information you want - you need to ask them before they've thought about it. Just calling only shows interest whereas you want enthusiasm
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 12, 2013,
If it's an important call and i need to take it, then the caller can fucking wait until my scholastic enrichment is done.

If it's an employer or potential employer, you're just dumb if you didnt have the foresight to let them know youre unavailable between the x time and y time.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I guess what I'd do is walk out if it's just high school, and stay right the **** where I am if it's uni. Not missing any part of uber hard classes, but you can probably just cheat and bullshit your way through high school.
I thought politely leave, then answer once in the hallway was just common sense. Who the **** lets it ring in the middle of class? And who the **** doesn't set the phone to vibrate when in class?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Acϵ♠

If it's an employer or potential employer, you're just dumb if you didnt have the foresight to let them know youre unavailable between the x time and y time.

Also this. If you know your schedule is messed up and you cant give them a time then at least tell them that you may not be able to take calls immediately.

If its a mobile number though just text them and say you'll call back later. 99% sure most people text in class anyway, at least you won't be mindlessly chatting with others when you do it

If you think this will happen a lot and your phone supports it, get on those things that autotext the caller when you reject a call.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 12, 2013,
Quote by VanTheKraut
I thought politely leave, then answer once in the hallway was just common sense. Who the **** lets it ring in the middle of class? And who the **** doesn't set the phone to vibrate when in class?

"let it ring" is just an expression. op specified "on silent"
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by So-Cal
Take the call in the middle of the class. Speak loudly and tell the teacher to shut up if necessary.

Minus the part about telling the teacher to shut up this actually happened in one of my classes before.
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
If Uni, then answer and walk out.

If it was in my high school, we would get slaughtered for any sort of phone in sight. They made a rule of no phones in school for people lower than 6th Form (although I think this was more of an anti-theft measure).

Everyone did it anyway.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Employer should take precedence over whatever class you're in. You might miss a couple minutes of class, but that's a lot easier to make up than losing a potential job opportunity.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They'll leave a message.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I guess what I'd do is walk out if it's just high school, and stay right the **** where I am if it's uni. Not missing any part of uber hard classes, but you can probably just cheat and bullshit your way through high school.

If i was sitting near you in a university lecture and you answer your phone and start talking in class, then im going to take your phone, pull the battery out, and then give it back to you shut off. You inconsiderate fuck, people are paying thousands of dollars to be in that class and you have to answer your phone just so your boyfriend can ask you to pick up milk on the way home. Jesus christ.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠
If i was sitting near you in a university lecture and you answer your phone and start talking in class, then im going to take your phone, pull the battery out, and then give it back to you shut off. You inconsiderate fuck, people are paying thousands of dollars to be in that class and you have to answer your phone just so your boyfriend can ask you to pick up milk on the way home. Jesus christ.

I think he was trying to say he wouldn't answer it if he was in uni.
If I am wrong I agree with you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I think he was trying to say he wouldn't answer it if he was in uni.
If I am wrong I agree with you.

upon further review you appear to be correct

god damn israelites, complicating things for everyone
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Make your voicemail "Hello this is Gay Peterson, I'm at school right please call me at "

I was able to talk in 90% of the lessons on my phone because we had quite big classes and there was always people talking, so the teacher wouldn't notice me. True story.
Tell the lecturer/teacher beforehand that you are expecting a phone call and may have to step out. There you go.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Punch that teacher in the face and walk out while answering the call.
I honestly can't imagine a more epic exit.

And be sure to put on your sunglasses so you don't get blinded by your coolness.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line