Hey guys, how's it going?

I am looking to buy an Axe Fx 2, but its £700 cheaper in the USA (fun piece of gear for playing covers.. check out the Master of Puppets tone match) .

I thought i could go for a holiday and bring one back with me via my luggage to avoid hefty import tax.

Anyone done this before? Any problems?
Last edited by Lucky-Luciano at Apr 12, 2013,
your holiday might end up being a bit more than the 700 quid you saved, but yeah you shouldn't have any problems
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I mean, if you were already planning on visiting, why not?

If you were taking the holiday here solely for the Axe Fx, I imagine the plane ticket alone is more than import tax.
Quote by blake1221
I mean, if you were already planning on visiting, why not?

If you were taking the holiday here solely for the Axe Fx, I imagine the plane ticket alone is more than import tax.

The ax fx is £2300 here and 2k usd=£1600, and i can get flights and accom for £700 approx.
Phone up a transport firm and ask for an estimate on the item, and then compare that to the cost of going on holiday.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Phone up a transport firm and ask for an estimate on the item, and then compare that to the cost of going on holiday.

shipping is £170 tax is £400
Quote by Lucky-Luciano
shipping is £170 tax is £400

Well your flight and accommodation/food/shit to do, etc is going to come out higher than that. If you are going just for the item then I'd say it's rather silly. However, if you want to go anyway then plan it as a holiday and make the item collection a very small part of your reason for going.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
lol I just checked this thing out and it's so outdated and has little use when today's desktop DSPs do so much more, do them better, with much more powerful interfaces, and at a fraction of the cost.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
lol I just checked this thing out and it's so outdated and has little use when today's desktop DSPs do so much more, do them better, with much more powerful interfaces, and at a fraction of the cost.

Quick, someone call Steve Vai and tell him to get rid of that piece of shit and get an iStomp.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
Quick, someone call Steve Vai and tell him to get rid of that piece of shit and get an iStomp.

ill let him know
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
Quote by Xiaoxi

Wut?
You might want an step up/step down converter thing considering its different voltages and crap. Nothing like spending 2k on a paperweight.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
You might want an step up/step down converter thing considering its different voltages and crap. Nothing like spending 2k on a paperweight.

Can you buy those as external units my learned friend?
Quote by Lucky-Luciano
Can you buy those as external units my learned friend?

It may well have a switch to go between 110v and 240v.

EDIT: Turns out the unit is universal, so not even a switch is involved. It will take 100-240v straight off.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 12, 2013,
Yeah its possible; however if you get busted with it coming back in they may expect you to pay a fine and taxes on it, or out right confiscate it from you they have all those options. Odds are you will probably be fine, especially if you don't put it in your carry on.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It may well have a switch to go between 110v and 240v.

EDIT: Turns out the unit is universal, so not even a switch is involved. It will take 100-240v straight off.

Does that mean it automatically adjusts to your voltage?

What voltage is the USA currently?