Hey!
Can't really use an amp in my situation, and love being able to practice in silence and have a variety of effects etc.

Any recommendations for a multi FX pedal for under £250? Any help appreciated
2nd hand Pod HD400.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
God yes.

I really really dislike the majority of the Zoom stuff. The L6 is a quality unit and I miss the flexibility of my HD300 for home recording.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Just buy pedals. Which effects do you really want?
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Zoofie
You would go Line 6 over Zoom?

For me, I've had great experiences with both companies. I really like the Zoom MS-50G; great idea that is long overdue. I think, as far as I know, the only weakness with Zoom FX is the distortions - I could be wrong though.

For that MS-50G though, it wouldn't be perfect for multi-fx unless you can really program it in an easy to use format. However, Zoom has some other pedals/units that work quite nicely for the money.

As far as Zoom VS Line 6? I don't really think there would be a winner. They're both pretty nice, to me, that is. Just MY opinion.

Here's a video of that MS-50G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fWEYHFpiQ

Edit: Now that I think about it, my old Zoom 505 had some pretty sweet distortions on it. It also had an acoustic simulator that was incredible.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 12, 2013,
Quote by dudebud
Just buy pedals. Which effects do you really want?

OP said they want to practice in silence so a POD would be ideal whereas separate pedals would not suit the bill at all.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I was in your situation, and although I did not try all the alternatives, I could not be happier with my Zoom G3, I was pushed into getting it after an update was released to allow for 6 effects to be used simultaneously instead of the previous 3.
To be truthful, The distortions probably aren't that great compared to a boutique pedal, but for me, I only ever use light overdrive on an amp on the edge of breakup.
The reverbs and delays are amazing though if you're into ambient/post rock stuff, The amp models seem pretty good to me when using headphones. From marshalls, to fenders to mesas It has everything.
I Just remember looking at the other alternatives and Was frustrated by only being allowed 1 effect from each category, which could mean i couldn't have a compressor and overdrive.

Saying that, I wish I could have afforded one of those Pod HDs, people say the effects are amazing on those things.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke