Me and my buddy always argue about simple music. Bands such as AC/DC and Killswitch Engage always come up. My friend tends not to like these kind of bands because their music is simple and very easy to play. I however don't see it that way. I believe its how you play and not what you are playing. I would agree that AC/DC is very simple but they are one of my favorite bands. I remember my guitar teacher doing a drill with me. He played a rhythm part on his guitar and got me to play a lead part with just two notes. He told me a good guitar player should be able to groove with just two notes. What are your guys views on simple music?
Dimebag's intro for Walk was just two notes and a bend, and most of the song is just power-chords and a repeated-intro (except for the solo, of course).

Tony Iommi's intro for Paranoid is on 2 frets on 2 strings, with a drone note on the low-E.

Complexity doesn't make a regular guitarist into a guitar-hero.

With that in mind, I'm gonna be a STAR!!!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Endless simple monotony (which both AC/DC with their endless versions of the same song and Pantera with their 5 minute songs that consist of 2 riffs are horribly guilty of) however isn't entertaining.

As long as I enjoy listening to it it doesn't matter how complex it is... but that doesn't mean simple = good. It's not really important.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
sometimes you're in the mood for simple, sometimes it bores the shit out of you, what can you do?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!