this is EXACTLY how these tubes came out of the box from Musicians Friend. they were thrown in a box with five or so other things (including a 1 spot) and some other smaller things.

but just thrown in there. i have tested to see if they work, but i called MF right away and they have five more coming my way free.

but just what the **** seriously? i usually buy from doug's or something, but i was needing a 1 spot and high E strings so i figured a few from MF would be fine. guess not.

/rant. think twice.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
They probably figured since they were JJs they could handle the abuse

But hey - 10 tubes for the price of 5 ain't bad.

Yep, this. I get all my tubes from Eurotubes direct, no issues. But this is also why I prefer Sweetwater over the others. Never had an issue in many years of buying gear from them.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Everybody makes mistakes - it's what you do about afterwards that counts. I'd call that a win.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Everybody makes mistakes - it's what you do about afterwards that counts. I'd call that a win.

My thoughts exactly. That's pretty sweet they're sending more to replace the tubes that are probably just fine.

Edit: Ebay them shits!
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 12, 2013,
Fuck Musicians Friend.

I've ordered so much shit from them over the years and have had nothing but problems. If it's not the item being damaged, its them overcharging my account, or them forgetting to send me what I ordered..

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Dimarzio45
My thoughts exactly. That's pretty sweet they're sending more to replace the tubes that are probably just fine.

Edit: Ebay them shits!

Why not just hold onto the extra tubes?

Quote by stonyman65
Fuck Musicians Friend.

I've ordered so much shit from them over the years and have had nothing but problems. If it's not the item being damaged, its them overcharging my account, or them forgetting to send me what I ordered..

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Really? Never had a problem with them myself.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have had very similar experiences with MF and tubes. they will throw them in a box with everything else and then wad a bit of brown paper and it is all good.

I called them and refused the package and got a set of replacements.

The rubytubes 12ax7 is a JJ in a rubytubes box and cheaper if you wanted to know
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 13, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard

+1

that being said, if it's a recurring thing, they should really do something about that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Post pictures of how the other tubes arrive.

Glad they are taking care of you. It was probably some hourly guy packing everything up and he didn't know any better. Hopefully they fix that.

I'm not a fan of MF anymore. Poor customer service. Canceling orders without explanation is BS.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I quit ordering from MusiciansFriend a long time ago and started going with Zzounds and American Musical. Smaller companies and both have a fair bit of knowledge about all of the products they sell, as well as how to transport them.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
All of the tubes are fine. Plus all replacements. I price matched them for $10 a pop.

My point is that they could have spent another $0.25 on wrapping material and not have a problem. probably not even 25 cents.

But I really can't complain because I got five of them free essentially.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/