this never happens. Mr. "youtube for 6 months, try it, dont buy, youtube again, buy something online completely different" walked to GC and out with a product.

this thing is just cool. the controls are as follows:

- knob is for level. all the way down is no sound, max = unity gain. this basically ensures you always have a backing track, or your loop will never be a boost over your lead. after all, a loop is never supposed to be a lead.

the loops are actuated by the switch:
off = true bypass
1 click (red) = record mode. up to 5 minutes
1 click following red (green) = play mode. will play what you just recorded.
1 click again (cycles back to red) = recording 2nd loop over. and so on.

2 quick clicks = will STOP playing the loops, goes back to bypass but HOLDS THE LOOPS IN MEMORY. ie - next click your loops will begin again.

press and hold for 2 seconds = clear memory. back to ground zero.

What i like:
- build is decent (like other TC tone prints)
- SMALL. smaller than xotic EP, same size as lovepedal mini series
- TRANPARENT. remarkably transparent. it really does sound like your playing for such a cheap unit.
- true bypass! fully true bypass.

What i dont like:
- timing can be tricky. there appears to be slight delays or timing "sync" ups which can create gaps in playing if not careful
- turning it off might also share this same gap, ie- the loop might play a slit second longer than you want it too before sound stops

Verdict:
- for 130 and such a small unit, it really is friggin cool. for the simple loops in mind. NOT a 1 man band pedal. however, for laying a 4 bar track down and soloing over it, it is every guitarists best friend.

Update:

so i noodled around tonight. the thing has some logic in it that you need to learn. for example:

- you play 4 bars in 1 loop and play it. it plays repeatedly. you play 4 bars in the second loop, it will play continuously over the first 4 bars.

Am F C G Am F C G Am F C G

BUT! if you play 8 bars in the first loop, and then 4 bars in the second loop, the second loop will NOT play continuously over. it will play for the first 4 bars of the first loop, pause, and wait for the first 4 bars again.

Am F C G................Am F C G

what this means - you can play the same thing in both those scenarios (same progression), but when you hit that loop button means everything. difference between a continuous loops and not being synced at all.

i also have not figured out the undo feature yet. its basically some way to edit a loop while your existing loops are going live. have not nailed this one yet.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Apr 17, 2013,
Right on, man. I've been waiting to hear people's opinion on this. I might have to pick one up. Might be all I need for right now. Solid little board, man. HNPD
i gotta velcro the ditto down. its sittin crooked. thanks. i build it myself. sits at an incline and has a 1 spot secured underneath. the wah is even screwed to it.

...only thing is, ive maxed it out. if i got more pedals i would either need to reconstruct the board out another 6-8 inches or place the wah on the floor giving me space for 2 more pedals.

goes wah>gfs tuner>signa drive>amp>loop>tremolo>delay>looper>boost>end loop
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
just discovered this tid bit - TC uses star hole screws on their stuff. GRRRRRRR. why TC?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Appreciate the review, I will pick one up before the year is over

WTLTL 2011
Played around with it a bit in a store 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's a very intuitive pedal. :-)
HNPD! :-)
no problem. in the meantime, i put it last in the chain after the Xotic, as i found that when i put the xotic on to boost the leads, of course it boosted the ditto as well.

surprisingly, when putting the booster before the ditto, the ditto does not respond at all to the boost. my boosted lead signal passes right through.

the loops are pretty darn good, however, there is a slight difference between real playing and the loop. this is probably cause because the pedal is taking your guitar signal and making it digital....so it has changed slighty. not bad at all.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Thanks for the review. Seems pretty cool. I may have to pick one up at some point.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
****ing guitar center won't keep them in stock in my area. I've been trying to get one since the day it was released.
I should go order one now. Thanks for the idea Ikey

Happy new pedal day man! Also, it's an excuse to buy star screws.
Quote by ikey_
What i dont like:
- timing can be tricky. there appears to be slight delays or timing "sync" ups which can create gaps in playing if not careful
- turning it off might also share this same gap, ie- the loop might play a slit second longer than you want it too before sound stops

Timing on mine is absolutely perfect and three-tap-hold works fine for stopping.

The only problem I'm still trying to get around is using undo in time with my tunes. Everything else I've found nob-on.

Maybe just some more practice?
404: Sig not found.
ChrisN - have you notices that if you stop the loop from playing (green mode) to erase the memory you have to press and hold for 2 seconds.

do you find for a slip second when you press and hold the loops starts....then gets erased?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Ah I see what you mean. You can get around that though.
If you have one single loop and want it to stop, use undo instead. If you want to just instantly reset the pedal, just do tap-tap-taphold for 2 secs and it doesn't play.
I understand the 'glitch' you're talking about but it can be avoided.
updated first post for newcomers, but here is an update

Update:

so i noodled around tonight. the thing has some logic in it that you need to learn. for example:

- you play 4 bars in 1 loop and play it. it plays repeatedly. you play 4 bars in the second loop, it will play continuously over the first 4 bars.

BUT! if you play 8 bars in the first loop, and then 4 bars in the second loop, the second loop will NOT play continuously over. it will play for the first 4 bars of the first loop, pause, and wait for the first 4 bars again.

Am F C G................Am F C G

what this means - you can play the same thing in both those scenarios (same progression), but when you hit that loop button means everything. difference between a continuous loops and not being synced at all.

i also have not figured out the undo feature yet. its basically some way to edit a loop while your existing loops are going live. have not nailed this one yet.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
That is the way overdub works on all the loopers I've tried. You have to use a looper with independant synced loops to get a 4 bar loop to play continuous over an 8 bar initial loop. Single loop loopers simply record what you play on the odub and mix it into the initial loop. If you just wanted to add a couple little notes in an overdub you wouldn't want it to continually loop over the initial loop.

Undo will delete the last overdub. I think you hold the button for 2 seconds while playing and the last overdub will be removed.

FYI, I just heard that Digitech will be releasing a $99 Ditto like looper that out Dittos the Ditto. And allows syncing multiples of the same unit.

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/jamman-express-xt
Last edited by fly135 at Apr 18, 2013,
Hopefully TC will take this suggestion and release a downloadable update.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wow. that would piss me off. personally, i think TC over digitech, but i stand to be corrected.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic