I got the hideous part of playing the national anthem for the school prom and I know it can be played on a guitar however I searched for the music sheet and couldn't read it!

I attached it down there can anybody please tab it for me?
Attachments:
lb.pdf
So you need to 'translate' it (the text) or transcribe the song? If the second one, than just type the notes into Guitar Pro or a similar program and it'll show it as a tab.
I'm working on transcribing the song right now. I'm not by any means an expert with music theory or sheet music, so this will be good practice for me. I'll post the tabs as soon as I'm finished
e||-------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
B||-------------------------|--0----1---0-3----l---0-|--1--------3-0--------0-|
G||--0------------0----2----|--0----2---0-4----l---0-|--2----2-----0----0-----|
D||--0--0-0----0------------|------------------------|-------3----------------|
A||--2------2-----2----2----|------------------------|------------------------|
E||-------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|

--------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|
--------------------------|-------------------------|--0----0---1--0----1----|
--2----2---0--------------|--0------------0----2----|--0----0---2--0----2----|
--3----2-----3--0-0-0--0--|--0--0-0----0------------|-------------12----2----|
--5----3-----5------------|--2------2-----2----2----|------------------------|
--------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|

|--3--|                            
---------------------------|------------------------|
--0----0---0---------------|------------------------|
--0----0---0-2-------------|--0----0---0-0----------|
--0----0---0-3----0--2--3--|-------0---0-0----0---0-|
-------------5-------------|--2----2---2-2----------|

---------------------------|--0---------------------|
--0------------0-----0-----|--0---------------------|
--0--0-0----0-----0-----0--|-------0---0-2----3---3-|
--2------2-----------------|-------2-----3----0-----|

|--3--|                                          
---------------------------|---------------------------|
---------------------------|---------------------------|
---------------------------|---------------------2-----|
--5-------------5----------|--5------------5-----------|
-------2--2--2--2----2---2-|--2--2-2----2-----2-----2--|
--3----3--3--3--3----------|--3------3-----------------|

|--3--|                                          
------------------------|---------------------------|-------------------------|
-------3---1-0----------|---------------------------|--0----0---0-0--1--0---1-|
--4----2-----0----2---2-|---------------------4---4-|--7----7---7-7--2--0---2-|
--5----3-----0----0-----|--5-------------5----5---5-|-------------------------|
------------------8-----|--2----2--2--2--2----------|-------------------------|
------------------------|--3----3--3--3--3----------|-------------------------|

------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|
--0----0---0-0----1---0-|-------------------------|------------------------|
--7----7---7-7----2---0-|--2----2---2-2--0------0-|--2----2---2-2----------|
------------------------|--3----3---3-3--2--0-----|--3----3---3-3----0---0-|
------------------------|-------------------8---7-|------------------------|
------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|

|--3--|    
-----------------------|------------------------|------------------------------|
--0----0---0-0---------|------------------------|--0-----0----0-3--------------|
--0----0---0-0----0----|------------------0---2-|--0-----0----0-2--------------|
--0----0---0-0----0----|--2----2---2-2----2-----|--0----12---12-3---0-0--2--3--|
-----------------------|--3----3---3-3----------|------------------------------|
-----------------------|-------3---3-3----------|------------------------------|

-----------------------|---------------------------|--------------------------|
-----------------------|---------------------------|--0---------0--0-----1----|
--0----0---0-0---------|--0------------0-----2-----|---------0-----7-----2----|
--0----0---0-0----0----|--0--0-0----0-----0-----0--|-----0-0-------------2----|
--2----2---2-2---------|--2------2-----------------|--------------------------|
-----------------------|---------------------------|--------------------------|

------------------------|--3--------------------||
--0----0---0------3---3-|--0--------------------||
--0----0---0-2----2---2-|--0----0---0-0---------||
--0----0---0-0----3---3-|-------0---0-0---------||
-------------8----------|-------2---2-2---------||
------------------------|-----------------------||

Okay, here it is finally. I don't know the song very well, so there might be mistakes. Try playing it yourself.
Quote by ShockHazard
Okay, here it is finally. I don't know the song very well, so there might be mistakes. Try playing it yourself.
I'd didn't "proofread" your tab, but I did notice you've tabbed the song in a slightly lower key than it would typically be played. (I think).

In this case no harm, no foul, as it would be easier to capo it up to pitch, than it would be to transpose it down.

However, I think while your efforts were commendable, they were also largely unnecessary, as we already have a full page of tabs for our national anthem: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?search_type=title&value=star+spangled+banner
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 13, 2013,
Quote by Captaincranky
I'd didn't "proofread" your tab, but I did notice you've tabbed the song in a slightly lower key than it would typically be played. (I think).

I see you didn't indeed Because the song in question is not the America's national anthem, but Lebanon's. It's said in the .pdf TS linked. Of course, TS could have made himself more clear about it, because most of you Americans will certainly first think about your own anthem when seeing the word.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not from Lebanon or trying to be patriotic. I'm living in Finland and we have a cool national anthem too
Last edited by ShockHazard at Apr 13, 2013,
Quote by ShockHazard
I see you didn't indeed Because the song in question is not the America's national anthem, but Lebanon's. It's said in the .pdf TS linked. Of course, TS could have made himself more clear about it, because most of you Americans will certainly first think about your own anthem when seeing the word.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not from Lebanon or trying to be patriotic. I'm living in Finland and we have a cool national anthem too
Indeed. We are a self involved bunch, despised far and wide. The only question that comes to mind is if that's entirely earned or gratuitous on the part of other cultures. Our foreign aid seems to be well thought of though...

In any event, "The Star Spangled Banner" is really, "To Anacreon to Heaven", and it wouldn't be, "The Anthem of the Americas", since that by definition encompasses two continents, with a multitude of political boundaries. Those would be called, "fronteras", pretty much everywhere south of the the Rio Grande.

In any event, I'm sort of partial to non politically affiliated anthems. For example, "Lightning Rose", by Jefferson Starship, "See Me, Feel Me", by the Who, and who could forget "All You Need is Love", by The Beatles. The latter song begins with the first strains of "The Marseillaise", which, (In my humble ugly American opinion), are the only ones worth listening to anyway...
Quote by Captaincranky

It's tabbed straight from the manuscript.

EDIT:

To the TS, keep in mind that the bass has not been included in the tab so it may sound a little funny.
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Apr 13, 2013,
Quote by XianXiuHong
It's tabbed straight from the manuscript.
My comment only extends to the top line of the melody, from the perspective of what vocal range would be required.

In any event, I didn't fully read the PDF, and was responding as if the song were the "Star Spangled Banner". If that were the case, the top note would be either an E-4 or F-4. I'm not exactly sure what is the normal group key,especially when confronting untrained singers with it....

In any event, the top melody note of this arrangement is a D-4, (when read for guitar), hardly a stretch for the average baritone, and when read 8va, hardly a stretch for any soprano. The majority of the melody isn't above middle C.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 13, 2013,