Is anyone else shocked about how little coverage this story has got?

Links: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-a-front-page-story/274944/
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100211991/the-kermit-gosnell-case-confirms-that-late-term-abortion-can-amount-to-legalised-infanticide/?fb

tl;dr: An abortion doctor regularly murdered babies that survived abortions. His clinic was also completely unhygienic. The subject matter is pretty disturbing and some descriptions are quite graphic, just a warning before you click the articles.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Apr 13, 2013,
Quote by Dreadnought
Kermit is a real name? No way

Teasing him like that probably led him to crime.

S A D B O Y S
You should really have a tl;dr in the op.

Shit is sick, but sadly not surprising.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by I.O.T.M
Teasing him like that probably led him to crime.

lol good one
My God, it's full of stars!
Typical mainstream media. If these babies were killed by guns how much coverage do you think this would have gotten?*

*I was watching Fox News yesterday for whatever reason and this is pretty much a direct quote.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Typical mainstream media. If these babies were killed by guns how much coverage do you think this would have gotten?*

*I was watching Fox News yesterday for whatever reason and this is pretty much a direct quote.

They do have a point, no matter how hyperbolically they made it. It's hard not to think that this hasn't made front pages due to it going agaisnt the media's narrative on abortion.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
They do have a point, no matter how hyperbolically they made it. It's hard not to think that this hasn't made front pages due to it going agaisnt the media's narrative on abortion.

In America Fox News has higher rating than the other 24 hour new networks combined, plus their website is the most visited too. They are the mainstream media.
It's because it will put a damper on the legal medical associations. Plus it's a horrific newsline, nobody wants to hear about mutilated babies, and no one wants to push into some form of abortion debate because we all know how played out those are.

There are so many stories that should make the headlines, but I think that live trials are nothing but a peanut gallery.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
How can the baby have survived an abortion? If it was old enough to survive outside of the womb unsupported then it must have been too old to abort.

Edit: oh, they were illegal abortions. I sees.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 13, 2013,
this actually supports the arguments for legal abortion. it's probably not being reported on because it is so disturbing
i don't know why i feel so dry
poll plz

you never know the pit
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

It's not easy being green.

On a serious note, this guy reminds me of a Nazi doctor. Shit's messed up.
It's a process, not an event.
Last edited by Do Re Mi at Apr 13, 2013,
Other Abortion clinics have come out and said they don't want to comment on the trial because it will bring the whole industry down. but this is what actually happens in clinics, its all blood and decapitation. ughh sickening man. go to another normal abortion clinic and see their practice its the same only the baby is a few months younger in the mothers womb.
Quote by TANK4
Other Abortion clinics have come out and said they don't want to comment on the trial because it will bring the whole industry down. but this is what actually happens in clinics, its all blood and decapitation. ughh sickening man. go to another normal abortion clinic and see their practice its the same only the baby is a few months younger in the mothers womb.

lol
Quote by I.O.T.M
An abortion doctor regularly murdered babies that survived abortions.

Well that doesn't make sense.

He was merely finishing the job
What lack of coverage? I saw it on TV or read about it every day it was going on.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I think the story and clips of him were on the news before his trial. Altogether this triggered that autonomic stomach nauseation/vomit response. It's a horrific case.
Quote by willT08
Not at all

Dude was inducing labor, delivering live babies, and cutting their spinal cords with scissors.
Make abortion clinics more widely available then.

In the meantime, this is horrible and this scissors to the spine is making it difficult for me to sit comfortably
that's really ****ed up.
but i know someone's going to use one of those articles to name their new metal band.
sigless
Quote by Jackal58
What lack of coverage? I saw it on TV or read about it every day it was going on.

He's British. They don't have "moving pictures" or "the press."
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
He's British. They don't have "moving pictures" or "the press."

Your anglophobia is steadily getting worse.
Quote by Todd Hart
Your anglophobia is steadily getting worse.

Anglophobia? That's like being afraid of a sponge.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by willT08
Make abortion clinics more widely available then.

In the meantime, this is horrible and this scissors to the spine is making it difficult for me to sit comfortably

As far as I'm aware, abortion clinics are widely available, but abortions are illegal after 24 weeks. That was this guy's specialty. As well as killing two of his patients, and essentially having no sanitation at all. Read the article. It's ****ed up.
Right, so like, what's the conclusion here?:

option A: he's a bad guy because he was unsafe, unsanitary, and he spread disease and killed the women?

or

option B: he's a bad guy because he was killing babies, the mothers of whom willingly walked into the place to have them killed, because abortion after 24 weeks is illegal.

See, I think this guy was bad moreso for reason A. Yeah, killing babies isn't great, but it's not like the guy was hunting down women and murdering their babies. These women killed their babies--they just paid a hitman to do it. And I think we can agree that they would have all preferred to go to a safe, sanitary, licensed doctor to have it done, only the government/society has decided that licensed doctors may not carry out this procedure. The guy is no good, and that's no lie, but we should at least consider placing a tiny bit of the blame onto the mothers and the government/society that has ... um... made safer alternatives illegal.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Jul 2, 2013,
Yeah, I am not reading that article even if you pay me. Nightmares aren't fun, kids.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Bad doctor.

It really has no bearing on the abortion debate. I mean, making abortions illegal or harder to obtain will totally drive down abortion rates, protect the health of the mother and improve society as a whole.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
see, this is why abortion should be illegal!! it's for the health and safety of women everywhere! those pro-abortionists will try to tell you otherwise but here is the truth right in front of you!!! god bless
Watched a documentary on this in bible class lol

Quote by vilk
Right, so like, what's the conclusion here?:

option A: he's a bad guy because he was unsafe, unsanitary, and he spread disease and killed the women?

or

option B: he's a bad guy because he was killing babies, the mothers of whom willingly walked into the place to have them killed, because abortion after 24 weeks is illegal.

See, I think this guy was bad moreso for reason A. Yeah, killing babies isn't great, but it's not like the guy was hunting down women and murdering their babies. These women killed their babies--they just paid a hitman to do it. And I think we can agree that they would have all preferred to go to a safe, sanitary, licensed doctor to have it done, only the government/society has decided that licensed doctors may not carry out this procedure. The guy is no good, and that's no lie, but we should at least consider placing a tiny bit of the blame onto the mothers and the government/society that has ... um... made safer alternatives illegal.

There is absolutely no reason you have to separate what exactly made what happened here so terrible other than to make you look like an asshole. It was terrible, period. "Yeah, killing babies isn't great," how the fuck do you expect me to believe anything rational will come after that line? You say he's pretty much a paid hitman and you want the gov't to instead take over this job as a paid hitman for him? How about it stays illegal because it's terribly barbaric and grotesque to inhumanely murder a living being? Make it safer huh? Maybe we should be able to send in hits for anyone to the government and they'll do it for us so as to protect us from bodily harm when we're trying to murder other people. THAT'LL MAKE US A BETTER SOCIETY

killing live babies is not a fucking abortion. it's killing live babies.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jul 2, 2013,
**** YEAH ABORTION

because I'm cool like that.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA