hi i just read an article about lee malias gear and setup
( [forbidden link] ) and right at the bottom it says he uses d'adario 12-80 custom set i mean blerry heck thats heavy but does anyone know what you would put in between the 12 and the 80 and if it could fit in regular tuning pegs?
between the 12 and 80 you put better taste in music
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
My advice would be to be less concerned with your string gauges and more concerned with the fact that you actually like Bring Me The Horizon.

I'm sure your guitar would handle an .080 though, since 8 string guitars are designed to accommodate such wide gauges on the low string. Unless you are trying to tune that low on a 6 string or something, in which case... just don't. And I bet you're probably going to cut the low end as much as possible, aren't you? Uggh.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
My advice would be to be less concerned with your string gauges and more concerned with the fact that you actually like Bring Me The Horizon.

I'm sure your guitar would handle an .080 though, since 8 string guitars are designed to accommodate such wide gauges on the low string. Unless you are trying to tune that low on a 6 string or something, in which case... just don't. And I bet you're probably going to cut the low end as much as possible, aren't you? Uggh.

mate im not trying to emulate anyone i was curious....jeepers
Quote by theogonia777
And I bet you're probably going to cut the low end as much as possible, aren't you? Uggh.

no no you got it all wrong

bass 10

mid 0

treble 10
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Wrong forum, you silly sausage
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do

Something similar to this ^
Put those on a 24.5" scale neck, Octave E without having to buy a baritone, they work easier on a floyd or a string-through, hardtails can be a hassle.

As for what he puts in between, maybe - .080, .070, .052, .036, .020, .012
I don't follow this guitarist or the band he's in, just my rough assumption in experimenting with string gauges.

That low on a six string can be awesome if you can utilize it correctly, depends on your setup, guitar & amp.
Last edited by DoubleBassCrash at Apr 13, 2013,
im pretty sure thats to tune to like drop g, and he plays a gibson les paul im sure which has a pretty short scale length so unless youre playing one of those then you wont need such a high gauge. Youd probably have to drill a larger hole in your tuning peg and file your nut too
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by dantheamazingfu
haha...ok. i wasnt quite sure where to put it

GG&A or EG, I'd imagine
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do