Hi, wondering if anyone can help.
Just bought the above pedal and I'm trying to connect it to my Marshall 250dfx amp.
I use the fx pedal that came with the amp but it seems to be interfering with the loop pedal. I.e when I use the backing drums on the rc3, whenever I hit distortion on my fx pedal, it distorts the drums. Is there a way round this? I'm not the most technical person in the world so struggling to find a solution.
Hope I've expained this ok and somebody can help, thanks!
The problem is that you are putting the RC3 before the distortion of your amp, I think you have one of the newer MG's with an effects loop so you need to plug the pedal into that instead of the front of the amp. However you really should consider upgrading that amp soon.
Thanks for your reply!
So how should i be setting it up?
Guitar--->pedal inputA--->pedal output A--->amp fx send & outputB--->amp input?
Also, yeah I've had this amp for a long time now, nearly 10 years! Maybe have to save up for a new one soon.
Quote by Specialvictim
Marshall 250dfx amp

i have diagnosed your problem and found that this is the cause
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Specialvictim
Thanks for your reply!
So how should i be setting it up?
Guitar--->pedal inputA--->pedal output A--->amp fx send & outputB--->amp input?

Haha no, you need to go Guitar --->Pedals (except looper) ---> Amp
and then FX loop send ---> looper ---> FX loop return

Quote by Specialvictim
Also, yeah I've had this amp for a long time now, nearly 10 years! Maybe have to save up for a new one soon.

Yeah your amps not great but it'll do the job for home practice, however if you have the cash it's definitely worth upgrading to a tube amp of sorts, the tonal difference will blow you away

Quote by Dempsey68
i have diagnosed your problem and found that this is the cause

Yes the amps not great, but that's not relevant to the thread, if you're going to post something make it useful not just useless comments
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Only have 2 cables at the moment so will need to go buy some more! I meant to say that the marshall fx pedal has no input/outputs, it just plugs straight in to the back of the amp.
Just started playing guitar seriously recently, hence my ignorance to all of this! Appreciate the help, I'll get the hang of things eventually!
Quote by Specialvictim
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Only have 2 cables at the moment so will need to go buy some more! I meant to say that the marshall fx pedal has no input/outputs, it just plugs straight in to the back of the amp.
Just started playing guitar seriously recently, hence my ignorance to all of this! Appreciate the help, I'll get the hang of things eventually!

Yeah you'll need a 3rd cable and it'll definitely be worth getting a few spares, mind it'd be better to buy one nice cable then 3 or 4 crap ones as the nice one will outlive the crap ones by a long way, you should probably be looking to spend about £20 on a good cable.

Also don't worry about your amp if you've only just started, you'll be fine for now
Specialvictimi have the exact same issue as special victim. I use a JVM205h. I use the Marshall pedal that plugs directly into the back of the head. I know that the only way to avoid the loop getting the feed distorted is to use the fix loop( send and return ) in the back of the head. "BUT" ... if I loop the pedal through this then where does my input lead for guitar go ? I do a direct loop but can no longer layer up licks ... or record anything for that matter ? Bit confused. Any help ????
What Marshall pedal plugs into the back of a head?  Do you mean a channel footswitch?  Because if it's a distortion pedal it should be plugging into the front of the head and your guitar should plug into it.

How can you "do a direct loop" if you can't record anything.  That's makes zero sense.  Need definition of "direct loop".  Do you mean "prerecorded loop"?

Bottom line.... plug FX send into looper input.  Plug looper output into FX return.  Everything thing else plugs in front.
fly135 Thanks for reply ... I think !
I see my nievity is shining through. You're correct , footswitch, not pedal. When I say direct loop what I really meant was I was able to connect the looper pedal into the fx loop at rear of head. I could hear the rhythm drums from rc-3 coming through clean which was grand. But when I plug the guitar out front as normal the loop pedal won't record any of the guitar riffs or allow any overndubbing ? I presumed that was because the guitar wasn't directly plugged into the boss rc3 ?