Page 2 of 100
From what I saw from the video I can it looks like a explosive device.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass

Being the explosives expert that you are...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
The authorities just confirmed it was done with controlled devices and there are unconfirmed reports of two other undetonated devices.
Quote by dark Mass

Agreed. The first one evidently detonated inside of a hotel lobby, and the video shows none of the trademarks of a gas explosion. It looks like much of the blast was contained inside the building. Someone at the scene said the second one detonated outside, in what looked like a trash can. And MSNBC just said that there was a third explosion. I haven't seen any videos of the other explosion(s).

So do we think it was an organized group, or just some nutcase looking to kill people?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41

So do we think it was an organized group, or just some nutcase looking to kill people?

I'm gonna say an organized group. Just sheer logistics would make it damn hard for a single bomber.....

All pretty ****ed up though
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Police said the third explosion was apparently fire-related (JFK Presidential Library), and not a bomb. There were the two that exploded, and apparently two more that were found and dismantled.

I'll be going to the Bloomsday run in Spokane in 3 weeks, I wonder if security will be over the top now.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
If you are in the Boston / New England area, Red Cross is putting out the word for blood donors.
My brother goes to school in Worcester, I'll send him a text on that. Provided he can donate blood, he kind of hit that "new freshman freedom" phase with gusto.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I just restrung my BTB with D'Addario's.
I fell in love with them, seriously.
Gear:
Ibanez BTB675
Ibanez GSR395
Rogue Warwick fretless
Electrovox 60W
Boss ME-50B
The rumor mill at TB is tossing around the idea that Modulus might be going out of business. At the very least they're restructuring.

If they go under I might cry.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
The rumor mill at TB is tossing around the idea that Modulus might be going out of business. At the very least they're restructuring.

It's been going on for the last two + years.

Anyways the BTB I've put on order is now being held by the prefectural police.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
It's been going on for the last two + years.

Anyways the BTB I've put on order is now being held by the prefectural police.

Any idea how long it'll be held for?

These new rumors were prompted by their phones being down for a while, a lack of communication (more than usual) and bass central posting (and then taking down) that they were halting production for an unspecified amount of time. No one has heard from Anderson or Joe in regards to the company.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Any idea how long it'll be held for?

These new rumors were prompted by their phones being down for a while, a lack of communication (more than usual) and bass central posting (and then taking down) that they were halting production for an unspecified amount of time. No one has heard from Anderson or Joe in regards to the company.

Unfortunately I have no idea since the police has a to do a investigation on a claim that this bass was stolen. Which could take a month or it could last 18 months it depends on how the quick police work.

Modulus have been a company that seems to go out of business whenever the economy is bad. Then again both Anderson and Joe don't seem to like dealing with people to begin with. Anyways the last I've heard Anderson and Joe have been busy with other work concerning CF and other composites.
Quote by Tostitos

Fear not. If Modulus bites the bullet, you can always get a synthetic-materials bass from Status.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
There is always Status. And G. Gould, Zon, and even Graphite Guitar Systems up here in WA. G. Gould and GGS are both of Modulus pedigree so those would probably have a solid Modulus vibe.

Steinberger still comes first though. Although I am on the lookout for Peavey G Basses and Kawai KRB-105's.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^That's really not pretty. At all.

Well, an Fertilizer plant blew up in West, Texas near Waco this morning. 160 injured and 5 dead so far.
That happened yesterday evening I believe. There is a pretty crazy video with the plant on fire then it exploding, pretty crazy.
I don't think they know yet. There's a lot of damage to clean up and sift through and a lot of injuries to treat first.

Also that pickup looks like it's growth was stunted.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
The cheesy knobs too IMO, but that's an easy fix.

I've had a hankering lately for a '51 style P bass. Those butterscotch CV's are looking reaaaaal nice right now
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
The cheesy knobs too IMO, but that's an easy fix.

I've had a hankering lately for a '51 style P bass. Those butterscotch CV's are looking reaaaaal nice right now

Haha, you said cheesey knob. '51 and '54 Precisions are where it's at. I'd get a Sting sig precision if it didn't have that 12th fret inlay.

I shall get Dune on t'Kindle. Even my parents have reccomended it and they hate everything.

Piccolo and mandolin strings in the post. THEN it wil be UROTM time.
Nothing like a Thursday off and listening to the Melvins.
Quote by dark Mass
Nothing like a Thursday off and listening to the Melvins.

Nice!! I've got tickets for one of the nights of their residency here in Bristol, Eggnog, LYSOL and Houdini in full, at a 300 capacity venue, s'gonna be so so good

And my Chelsea Light Moving ticket arrived today...so many great gigs coming up, makes me very happy
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by Spaz91
No wonder the lighting in the video demo was poor. Yeeesh.

(Invalid img)

Stick a bridge pickup on it and I'll take it, it looks a little bare at the moment
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Spaz91
Haha, you said cheesey knob. '51 and '54 Precisions are where it's at. I'd get a Sting sig precision if it didn't have that 12th fret inlay.

A stealthed out '51 would be cool. Or fiesta red, graphite neck, black pickgaurd, and '51 pickup and bridge covers.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
If they don't sell single day tickets to Outside Land I am so ****ed.

In brighter news, I'm seeing Selector tonight in a small club. Yeah!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
To be fair though, more devices have now been found.

Looks like it was a terrorist incident after all. Now a police officer has been shot dead outside MIT. Some seriously ****ed up shit going on in Boston atm.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Certain people have seen that. On numerous replays. To the point where one's spouse has said "YOU ARE PLAYING THAT...AGAIN???"

I saw the Selector last night. News flash: I can still skank. But I feel like a truck hit me this morning. And Pauline Black is the nicest musician I have met in real life.

And on the week: http://www.theonion.com/articles/jesus-this-week,32105/?ref=auto
That song made my otherwise dreary day a little bit better.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass