Page 3 of 100
Guy's just picked this up in part trade for my epiphone,

Obviously you all know me and this won't be staying stock for very long, active wiring and a new brass nut are planned and the pickups have already been replaced with pickups from a random Tobias bass between those pics being taken and my acquiring the bass.

I need opinions on hardware colour. I'm not a fan of the flat silver hardware so I put it to you guys, black, gold or chrome?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Apr 19, 2013,
Very nice Dan. I'd go black, or gold as a second choice. IMO chrome wouldn't look that much different than the current brushed chrome, what with the dark finish, RW board and matching headstock. Black would look really nice, gold too depending on if you're one of those people who thinks gold hardware is gaudy or not.

Quote by dark Mass

That convinced me. Tonight is a drinking night.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by skater dan0

Obviously you all know me and this won't be staying stock for very long, active wiring and a new brass nut are planned and the pickups have already been replaced with pickups from a random Tobias bass between those pics being taken and my acquiring the bass.

I need opinions on hardware colour. I'm not a fan of the flat silver hardware so I put it to you guys, black, gold or chrome?

With that finish, I'd say black. Gold hardware seems to be hit or miss, but maybe it could work too.
Well; they just caught suckweed number two from the Boston Marathon bombing. Stand by for three days of non-stop reporting on crap that already happened, but with nothing new.

Twenty-four hour news is a real curse sometimes.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I know they play that god awful "news" channel HLN at work and it makes me wanna kill myself. At least all the televisions arson mute so I don't have to hear it.
I have scrupulously avoided getting a Twitter account. I view it much like the scourge of heroin addiction, only it has less class.

There's always The Onion.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I have scrupulously avoided getting a Twitter account. I view it much like the scourge of heroin addiction, only it has less class.

There's always The Onion.

I rarely update my facebook stauts much less want to tweet everything i do. If it wasn't for band promotion or college friends i probably wouldn't care to have one. I'm so not ready to see the news fallout of this boston bombings on the tv at work on monday.
Anyone here ever imported a bass or any instrument from japan? Any online shops in particular?

Im lusting for a Bacchus after trying one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Anyone here ever imported a bass or any instrument from japan? Any online shops in particular?

I have bought a few basses from Japan before although it was from direct contact with a friend of mine. Just keep in mind that there are a few restrictions if you live in the UK.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Ireland, and restrictions as not being able to sell some new instruments and copies outside of japan? or other restrictions?
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle

If you're after a Bacchus Jazz clone, BassNW has a used on in stock for a very reasonable price ($450 USD): http://www.bassnw.com/Used%20Basses/bacchus_jazz_bass_metallic_blue.htm You'd probably have an easier time importing from the States than Japan.

They also have a gorgeous Pedulla Hexabuzz that I hope is still there in May so I can get my grubby hands on it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
God, the guys at Bass Strings on line are great. Just got help on getting a decent 6 string custom set for the Brice (which has incredibly dead strings at the moment
Quote by fatgoogle
Ireland, and restrictions as not being able to sell some new instruments and copies outside of japan? or other restrictions?

Japan Post has this stupid 4.5Kg weight limit on packages going to the UK. There's also the issue with the fact that you want a Bacchus. Which you'll won't end up with a new instrument since Bacchus has a no exportation clause in their dealership contracts. They can't sell you a new instrument but they can sell you a used instrument.

Anyways if Japan Post doesn't handle the package it will be either DHL( ) or UPS( ).
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Apr 20, 2013,
Quote by dark Mass
or UPS( :puke.

Better than FedEx.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Better than FedEx.

Ireland isnt in the uk so i should be ok on that point. Ive just been talking to a guy a from basschat who gave me the email of a sales guy at deviser the parent company, who he bought a new bacchus through so im pretty hopeful at the moment.

Also that blue bacchus jazz was disgusting. Blue......
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ireland isnt in the uk so i should be ok on that point. Ive just been talking to a guy a from basschat who gave me the email of a sales guy at deviser the parent company, who he bought a new bacchus through so im pretty hopeful at the moment.

Also that blue bacchus jazz was disgusting. Blue......

You have a good chance of getting one through their parent company. Since they do all the business for bacchus and they're willing to sell you a bass.
Im just hoping they reply and have some lee-way on the model colour etc. Really want a maple fingerboard with blocks and binding on a either a white or black oil body. Would be excellent if there was no control plate aswell. Fingers crossed.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by skater dan0

I have that exact same bass. I could do with those silver knobs actually. My bass currently has black knobs on it so if you're going with black hardware maybe we could do a swap?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Apr 20, 2013,
Bit of a longshot but does anyone here have any info or experience with Hartke XK or XL basses?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I think those used to be sold through Sam Ash at one point. If its that bass, its a decent starter bass, but not much beyond that. The studio I used to take lessons had a Hartke amp and one of those basses.
I borrowed a XL4 few years back when I was filling in for a friend of mine. They're the kind of bass that you would throw into a furnace as fuel.
Quote by dark Mass
I borrowed a XL4 few years back when I was filling in for a friend of mine. They're the kind of bass that you would throw into a furnace as fuel.

But aluminum doesnt burn

That's all a little disappointing to hear, guess I'll let the momentary lummie GAS pass. Back to wanting plastic necks and fatty pickups.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
But aluminum doesnt burn

Aluminium is used in rocket fuel.
That's all a little disappointing to hear, guess I'll let the momentary lummie GAS pass. Back to wanting plastic necks and fatty pickups.

Speaking of GAS, after stringing my Jag/precision with piccolo strings, I now want a 6 string broadneck for the sole purpose of being a guitar I can actually play.

My mandolin strings were incorrectly labelled so they snapped.
Quote by FatalGear41
It just doesn't do it for me. I've never been a fan of Telecaster-style basses. And even then, G&L makes a nicer one.

Always wanted an ASAT. Squier has a nifty looking 32" scale tele shaped bass now, I'm still looking for one to try in store.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Diggin the Chris Cornellesque vocals there...and Sheehan's bitchin' bass tone!!

Massive Foo Fighters chorus going on too it seems...its a little too RAWK for my tastes but some cool stuff goin on!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Diggin the Chris Cornellesque vocals there...and Sheehan's bitchin' bass tone!!

Massive Foo Fighters chorus going on too it seems...its a little too RAWK for my tastes but some cool stuff goin on!!

Unfortunately the singer/guitarist, Richie Kotzen, was in Poison... but he has done stuff with Stanley Clarke. So now I'm confused about him
There's a beat up black Squier Vista Musicmaster on CL for $90. Pretty beat up cosmetically, but still...$90! And I'm 300 miles away for the next 3 weeks.

****!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Craigslist will be the death of me one day due to stuff like that. I'm just upset I need a bigger apartment due to the amount of free pianos that show up on craigslist in my area. I want them alllllll!!!!!
CL has nothing that catches my eye in the ERB department in the SF Bay Area.
Yeah I've been thinking of changing my fiver from a low B to a high C. I do use my B string a fair amount but I often find more of a need for a higher register.